Chapter Three

QUICK NOTE: This chapter was changed from first person to third person. Please point out any mistakes. HAPPY READING

**************************************************************

Everything stopped, the wolf let go of her leg, James stopped groaning, the crowd stilled. Everything was as silent as a grave. Everything, except Victoria.

She kept crying as she clutched her thigh trying to stop the bleeding in vain.

"Shut up," James hissed at her.

A deep growl captured their attention. She looked up to see a man with caramel skin and two different color eyes. He had curly jet-black hair that reached his ears and she was sure it would be soft to the touch. He was perfectly built, not too bulky, not too slim and tall. He was clad in jeans pants and a sweatshirt but managed to still look like a God.

She stifled an agonizing groan as she turned to James, he had his head down so did the other wolf who was now in his human skin.

He was the King. She was staring into the eyes of the King and he was staring right back at her. Her mouth was dry and everywhere on her body hurt.

"Explain." It was one word with no room for argument.

"My king, my sincerest apolo-" Beta Anthony stepped forward shirtless and bleeding from his shoulder but was silenced by a growl.

"Explain." He was still staring at her.

"She was trespassing, my King" the unknown wolf answered with his head still bowed.

The king inhaled deeply, "How can she trespass in her own pack? She smells like you"

"She was exiled from the pack center and all pack activities, my King. She was to stay in the east forest and never return." It was James who answered.

The King never took his eyes off her and her gaze never wavered.

"Why?"

"She doesn't have a wolf, my King." It was the Beta who quietly answered.

That seemed to shock him, even though his face was still impassive, she saw the way his eyes darted to Beta Anthony.

"Everyone, disperse. The ceremony will continue tomorrow. Beta please remain"

Almost immediately everyone shuffled off.

"Not you two" he growled at James and the unknown wolf when they got up.

"Beta Anthony, please explain to me why your warriors attacked an unarmed and, if what you say is true, a defenseless female, which, mind you, is against pack law."

"Forgive me, my King, I do not know. James should know better. He is the head of patrol. That is not how we treat our women, my King."

"Yet, a female is lying on the ground, bleeding from a wound caused by one or both of your males." The Beta bowed his head sensing his King's anger.

"Warrior, explain." He glanced at her still bleeding thigh and walked over to her. He bit his wrist and let the blood drain into her open wound. It immediately started healing of its own accord; flesh mending together like a perfectly stitched tapestry.

She watched as he kneeled beside her and peered into her eyes like he was trying to say something. She didn't know what to do, she just stared back. He used his speed to go back where he stood, beside the Beta. "I am still awaiting your explanation warrior James."

"We tried to tell her to go back to the east forest, my king."

A growl silenced him, "You dare lie, to your King."