Chapter Ten

"Isn't it strange that all the doors are like this?"

"Mmh"

Elizabeth had helped Victoria get dressed for the dinner. They were waiting for Jordan to leave.

The anxiety Victoria was feeling before, came back with a vengeance. She sat on the bed shaking her leg in deep thought.

"The Kingdom is beautiful though."

"Mmhh"

Victoria wasn't hearing a word Elizabeth was saying. She just kept making sounds of agreement. Victoria's mind was racing a mile per second, hopelessly trying to rationalise her anxiety.

She didn't know why she was so anxious. The overwhelming sensation was like a brick sitting on her chest.

"We should jump out the window"

"Mmhh"

"Let's set the kingdom on fire"

"Mmhh"

"You're not listening to me"

"Mmhh"

"Victoria" She never saw when Elizabeth moved, she just felt an iron-grip clamp around her forearms.

Victoria craned her neck upwards, only to see a bald headed woman, with midnight skin and a sort of gold paint on her face.

"Siya kuvuka" (we shall rise)

The woman's voice was like a sweet melody, caressing Victoria.

"Siya kuwa" (we shall fall)

Her pupils divided, but her beauty only enhanced. Victoria didn't feel afraid, she didn't feel confused. She felt true. She felt right.

"Kodwa soze sife" (but we will never die) the woman bent with the grace of a God and whispered in Victoria's ear, "come find me"

"Victoria!"

Victoria hungrily sucked air into her lungs.

"Are you okay?" The voice snapped her attention to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth was now standing over her, shaking her.

"What happened?" Victoria finally managed to force out.

"I don't know, your eyes rolled over and your nose started bleeding." Victoria wipes her hand under her nose and saw the blood, "My wolf couldn't reach you, it was like, you weren't alive, but you weren't dead."

"I'm fine" Victoria stood and made her way to the bathroom.

"That's not fine Victoria." Elizabeth was hot on her heels, "what in the moon just happened to you?"

"I don't know" the cream dress was ruined with blood stains. Victoria made her way to the closet. She felt like the night would bring disaster and red would be a fitting colour.

She chose a red off the shoulder dress that billowed to her knee in waves.

"Don't say a word to the King. Nothing happened" with that Victoria existed the bathroom.

***

Jordan came an hour later looking freshly showered, in a full suit.

"I'm sorry, My Queen. I didn't expect to take that long" he kissed Victoria's hand, "you look exquisite by the way"

Elizabeth had left, sensing Jordan's presence approaching.

"Thank you, are we leaving now?"

"Yes, but I want you to wear something" he took out a gold bracelet from his pocket, "it's just a little gift I thought you'd like"