86: Her Deal With The Demon

Sakura heals Kakashi's arm which was shrivelled from dehydration because of him putting his hand into the blue fire Mai put up.

Sakura: luckily it's not the dark blue one. That one is harder to heal.

* Looks over to two ninjas*

Mai : haha ha... Gomen. I didn't mean to. They ambushed me. I wasn't using my byakugan then.

Kakashi: Mai Mai would never hurt me.

Mai : *blush* stop being mushy in front of sakura !

Kakashi: what's going on ? You look... Alive.

Mai : made a deal with the demon. Remember the half assed ritual I almost died off ?

Sakura: you made a deal with that demon ?

Mai nods " he's kind of connected to me. So he rather makes a deal with me. He will let me live on even if the jutsu Edo tensei gets cancelled. He said he'll do that by embedding a bug into the jutsu when the castor summons me. "

Kakashi: he can do that ?

Mai shrugs " demon. Apparently he can. As long as I die once in this jutsu, it will somehow break it and let his own thing come into play."

Sakura: so you just had to wait for someone to kill you. Which would happen eventually.

Mai : correct !!

Kakashi: what did he want in exchange ?

Mai : he wants to watch the chaos through my eyes. And... Also punish someone which don't worry, is not anyone on the good side.

Kakashi: I see.

Sakura : done. Try it. Kakashi sensei.

Kakashi clenches his fist and releases a few times " um. Arigatou sakura. "

" No need. I'll leave both of you." And sakura leaves.

He stretches his hand out and lifts her bandage patch. It reveals not just her byakugan, but her entire face. He hugs her in.

She's here.

She's really here.

She's really back in my arms.

He squeezes her " dying like that. Without even much of a notification. Are you trying to worry me to death ?!!"

Mai : gomen... I thought the keychain...

Kakashi: you went even if you knew you would die ?!!

Mai ; no... When I was in a coma... I already met Kurojin. He told me I would die unexpectedly. People wouldn't know how I died or when I died. So... So I thought of something ... I wanted someone to know...

His tears fell and he starts to cry a little " Baka !! How could you leave me with nana ?!! We were supposed to raise her together !!"

Mai: gomen... Gomen!! That's why I made the deal to come back !!

He releases her and he stops crying though his tears still fall. All the seriousness this man had to show to the others turned to softness and weakness in front of her. He cupped her cheek in his hand " you still look the same as I remember you. "

Mai : hehe. I died. I didn't grow old.

Kakashi used his other hand to take her hand to put at his cheek. He strokes her hand while at it " I want to kiss you so much right now. "

Mai : but the others are watching.

Kakashi: we'll find time. I promise.

Mai : hai hai.