Chapter 17

The next little bit was normal.

"Breakfast." Ryland came into my room one day and left the door open.

I went downstairs and I had cereal and coffee.

"What's the plan for today?" Dad asked as the 4 of us sat around the table.

"I'm editing a video." Morgan took a sip of whatever she was drinking out of the diamond cups.

"I need to film a video." Ryland thought out loud.

"Can I help?" I asked, looking up.

"Yeah, I need to figure out what I wanna do." He nodded.

"What are you doing Laney?" Dad asked and I shrugged.

"I guess helping Ryland. I don't really have anything to do."

After breakfast, I went upstairs and I changed my clothes. I put on a random maroon Seattle crewneck that Ryland had gotten me when him and Morgan went. I also put on some black nike shorts with black socks. I brushed my teeth, and my hair, then pulled my hair into a messy bun went back downstairs.

"What video are you doing?" I asked Ryland and sat on the bar stool.

"I was thinking about doing like another room remodel but I don't know like which room to do." He explained.

"We can do my room." I joked.

"Wait..." he thought for a second. "Do you want to?"

"I mean we could."

We ended up searching online for what we could do with my room.

Right now, my room was pretty simple, I had kept literally everything from the old house and didn't redo it at all, so I guess it kinda made sense to at least do something. My room was light blue with white furniture.

We had decided on changing the room to just kind of aesthetic but like simple.

"Hey guys." Ryland turned on his camera, "Today I am here with Laney."

"Hi!" I smiled at the camera and continued scrolling on the laptop.

"So in today's video, we are going to be redoing Laneys room."

"So I like this one." I turned the laptop around to show a white bedset that had the black grid on it.

"What are we doing about furniture, do you wanna keep yours or get new furniture. We're going with like a plain, basic, aesthetic vibe." He explained to the camera laughing.

"I think my bed is fine, I think we should get like the basic ikea furniture that everyone has for like my desk."

Dad walked into the room giving us weird looks. "What are you two doing?" He wrapped his robe around himself.

"Redoing Laney's room!" Ryland said, zooming in the camera on dad.

"Is there a reason or..." Ryland and I both shook our heads no, "Okay, I'll leave you two to it." Dad left to go watch tv.

"Anyway, I really like Laney's bed. It's like a queen size I think, and it's a white metal canopy bed but it's almost like pearly and it like sparkles in the light I love it." He explained to the vlog.

Ryland and I ordered a desk from Ikea that had drawers on both sides and the top was glass honeycomb.

This time I turned on the camera. "Ok so I liked the grid bed but the desk we just got was honeycomb so I think we can find like a honeycomb bedset instead."

We did find a bunch of stuff. So we ordered a tall mirror that was black on the outside, led lights, and some of the leaf things that hang down the wall.

"So right now we're trying to figure out what color we should paint the room. We're thinking that white wouldn't be good because the white furniture, but we're going to do a black accent wall because like all of the accents on the stuff is black." Ryland turned the camera to me.

"Yeah, so we ordered a black mirror, some leaf things, and some led lights." I caught everyone up on what was happening so far. "I think we should do like a super super light gray for the other walls."

"Ok it's getting late. So, we'll see you guys tomorrow."