n i n e

The next few days passed by with Nick pestering Myla every chance he got. 

Eventually, Myla was fed up. "What is with you," she jabbed a finger in his chest, "being nice to me? You're the popular guy that everyone likes, not the nice guy who hangs out with nobodies."

Nick looked taken aback and seemed genuinely confused. "What do you mean?"

Myla shot him an exasperated glare. "Aren't you worried about your stupid reputation?"

He simply shrugged. "Popular, by definition, means that I know a lot of people. It doesn't mean that I hang out with sluts and players."

Myla looked at him like he had grown an extra head. "You're crazy," she finally said, giving him a dubious glance. "Someone must have dared you to do this."

"If I was dared to do this, I would have only bothered you for a day," Nick reasoned, shooting her a smile. "But I'm at this school to make friends and have a good time, even if it means hanging out with difficult girls."

Myla rolled her eyes. "I can't help it if I'm difficult," she argued. "Plus, you have the freedom to stop annoying me any time you want," she offered hopefully.

"I'm not annoying," Nick chuckled. "I'm just here to be friends."

"Yeah, right," Myla snorted. "We'll see about that."