Listen

It started to get more shallow and they stood up. The floor was very colorful covered in a rainbow of coral. Rex couldn't help but giggle as a school of fish swam around his feet. •he's so cayuuute• he was so fuzzy and cute on the inside. Too bad they never had this time normally.
They both hopped onto a flat rock just big enough for the two of them.

"And your certain nobody will find us here." Rex checked.
"Yes I'm sure and we have six people covering for us." she answered cuddling into him, "Me and Echo only found this by chance. We dove down quite far and Echo hit his head on it. We didn't go in because if the amount of jellyfish."
That part made Rex sad. He didn't speak for a while not really knowing how to ask.
"Mesh'la?" he said after a pause, "why didn't you tell me?"
She looked up into his big sad brown eyes.
"I just don't want to worry you." that was partly the reason, she didn't want to tell him the whole reason; It would upset him too much.

"(y/n) you told me before we started dating," he moved a lock of hair behind her ear, "you burnt your arm, you got stung to smitherines and you hurt your ankle. You suddenly don't tell me when your shot or stunned or hurt yourself in anyway I know it's more than not wanting to make me worried."
"I do want to tell you, really," she had to tell the truth, "but if you want me to be honest I'm scared your going to give us away."
"What?" he was very taken aback by what she said, 'does she really not trust me?'

His facial expression was a mixture of shock and hurt. However she said it she couldn't make it sound nicer.
"Rex of course I want to tell you everything I love you so much. But you aren't as made of stone as you make everyone think. You know that. You worry so much about me it starts to become so visible and I don't want you getting hurt."
'she really doesn't trust me.'
He straight up said it, "What are you trying to say? You don't trust me?"
"In a way yes. But no." it was clear she felt the worst of the worst saying it, "Because I know you Rex and to be quite frank, your acting is osik." at the last part she was struggling to keep a straight face.
Although he was hurt he couldn't help laugh a little at that. He did understand. She wasn't trying to be horrible she just has to say the truth. They have to say it at some point or else nothing was ever going to work. •that's it he's going to swim out and leave me. I just said I don't trust him• but he didn't. He kept listening to her.
"Rex I didn't know how to put it your such a sweetheart and I love you it's just I'm so scared if we get found out and you end up-"
She was cut off by Rex kissing her.

His kiss was soft and so full of love. She was quite shocked. He broke apart from her and saw her mildly shocked face.
"What?" he smirked.
"You aren't hurt by that?" she couldn't get her head around it.
"No. I mean I was at the first part but if you didn't say it we couldn't get anywhere."
"So you aren't angry or anything?"
"No. It's the truth. And to be fair I can't act to save my life." he grinned.
"Roger Roger." she grinned back.
"Oh please don't remind me of that." he looked mortified, "How that worked I still have no idea."
"How I didn't give the game away giggling at you I still have no idea!"
"and your the best little actor I've met." he moved so she was laying on his chest.
'shes actually calm I've hit the jackpot!'
"Also, (y/n)?"
She raised herself up a little on him, "yes?"
"I've been practicing my puppy eyes."
"Let's see it then."
He did the world's cutest puppy eyes.
"😍😍😍😍 your so cute!" she melted.
"Well now you can't say no to me."
"That isn't fair." she laughed.
"Life isn't fair." he replied and began to snog her.

A few hours later they got the sign off Echo and swam back out to join them. After so much playing round like five year olds dinner sounded like a great idea.
Suddenly fives dropped flat on the shallow water, "Echooo can you pull me in?"
"Fives your a grown kriffing man!"
"Pweeeaaaasssseee 🥺?"
Echo signed, "fine."
"Yay!" Five's clung onto his ankle and the unamused Echo dragged him back in.
Rex and (y/n) were beside themselves laughing.

Fives got up, brushed himself off and went picked up his stuff and started walking back with the others. Rex and (y/n) looked a lot happier. Victory!
"So nice time?" Echo asked.
Apart from what they had just literally been talking about (y/n) jumped on Rex's back. Nobody was in sight and it answered the question. Echo and Five's laughed.
"I'm just wondering when you are going to be doing the doing of the do." Fives smirked.
"Fives!" Rex glared at him.
•and he's off again•
"How long have you two been together?" Fives asked.
"Around 6 month as a couple." (y/n) replied.
"Six month and no action?!" Fives looked stunned.
"Fives shut up!" Rex hissed.
"Come on little Virgin rexy you wouldn't know where to start."
"FIVES I SWEAR TO GOD!"

That night Dogmas drink got spiked with some strong sleeping powder and Rex and (y/n) got to sleep on the couch together panic free. Everyone had literally gone out of their way to plan this and they couldn't thank any of them enough. They owed a lot to them. If only it could be like this forever.