Chapter Thirty One: Fairy Tales Do Exist

Marcie's Point of View:

"I want to be with you forever, can you give me that?" I ask with a small smile as I look down at the perfect man that's laying underneath me in the pale moonlight.  

"Can you give me forever? Is that really what you want?" Louis asked me gently running his hands along the side of my bare waist.

"I'm sorry that I ever made you question that." I said seriously as I stared into his shining blue eyes.

It's a little after midnight and our sweet seven year old is sleeping in a room down the hallway. Louis had brought us to Hawaii as a celebration of our getting back together. It's safe to say that Lacey was exhausted from all of the shopping that the two of us had done today while Louis stayed in claiming to have inspiration for his new song.

"I'm sorry I ever left you to begin with." His eyes burned with such sincerity that it made my heart melt just a little bit.

 "Don't apologize for following your dream, Lou. If you hadn't then we wouldn't be here. You wouldn't know the boys. You wouldn't be making millions of people smile everyday." I grin at him, and he quickly returns it and gently kisses my nose.

"The only two people I really care about making smile are you and Lacey, Marcie. I'm not letting the two of you get away again." He said sternly, and I was a little taken aback at how serious he was being.

I sighed and snuggled my head into his bare chest. I took a deep breath just memorizing his familiar scent and trying to mentally capture this moment for the rest of forever.

"Do you want to know how I knew that I was in love with you?" I question trying to keep the smile off my face and keep up the serious atmosphere, it's safe to say that the second Louis chuckled I failed.

"When did you know you were in love with me?" He asked rubbing circles on my back.

"It was when I realized that no matter what happened, good or bad. You were the first person that I wanted to tell about it. You were the first person that I wanted to know. It didn't matter if it was the day I didn't make a sports team because I kind of sucked or the day that I found out I was graduating top of my class you were the first person I called. After every fight with my mother you would take me away and take my mind off of it. Somewhere in between all of that you made me fall in love." I admitted.

I knew I was being super cheesy, but right now I don't care. I have him in my arms and I can't waste another second of him possibly not knowing how much he really does mean to me. He's everything and he has to understand that. Him and Lacey. They're it for me.

Just as so many nights before, Louis and I are interrupted by the sound of little feet coming down the hallway. I struggled to slip into Louis' shirt and he pulls on a pair of sweatpants at the same time that the door creaks open and reveals Lacey with tears streaking down her face.

"Baby, did you have a nightmare again?" Louis asked her gently, he hated seeing her so upset and scared.

"The monsters took me away from you and they took daddy away from you too, mommy." Lacey cried and ran up and held onto me like her life depended on it. 

"It's okay, love. I'm right here and no one is going to take you or daddy away from me." I reassure her and listen as her crying lessens.

"So daddy is with us for good this time?" She asked in her sweetest voice, but she didn't bother to take her head out of my shoulder and look at me. It must have been a horrible dream.

"I'm not going anywhere, Lace. You're stuck with me forever." Louis tickled her sides causing her to look up and laugh through her tears.

Her laugh became contagious and Louis' innocent tickling turned into the the tickle war of the century and after a few minutes Lacey and I both had tears in our eyes from laughing so hard.