The Beginning Of The End

Here it is!!! The beginning of the end! Oh I can't wait!!

---------------------------------------------

Apollo's POV

We woke up early the next morning (5am. Major accomplishment) and hurriedly emptied our hotel room of all our things. Meg and Aria went outside to a nearby shop to grab some small snacks with Aria's fake money (she told me her secret when we woke up. The sneaky little charmer.)

I started up our GPS in the hearse while they were out. That's right. The arrow serves as temporary Google Maps, complete with time prediction and everything! For sale! If you buy it, you can also buy my quest! I really don't want either of them!

Meg and Aria returned with their bags stuffed to the top with goodies, eyes sparkling and happy smiles on their faces. Meg seemed a bit too happy because she let Aria sit up front with me. Which meant she lay on the back seats with half of her body dangling in the air.

We started up and the arrow hummed out directions in my head as we headed to our doom. The silence was killing me so I took that time to gaze at the beautiful person sitting next to me (while keeping my eyes in the road too, obviously. I don't want to die before we even get there.)

She was wearing denim shorts with a loose white top and a light blue unbottoned shirt over it. Her black hair spilled over her shoulders and the sunlight shone on her lightly tanned skin.
Her black eyes were twinkling with a fire I had seen in her eyes whenever she went out to battle. That fiery look in her eyes was intoxicating. You could stare into the flame burning the fury in her eyes and never get bored.

Why had I never realised that I loved her? I was with her for three thousand years and never noticed that I loved her. Her smile, her outgoing personality, her sarcasm, the fact that she saw through my position as god and treated me as a normal friend. I loved everything about her.

Meg, in the backseat, had decided to wear her famous green dress and yellow leggings to the most important part of our mission, proving her devout loyalty to Sally Jackson's pre pregnancy dress. She had her brown Demeter's child's belt with pockets for all kinds of seeds and tools. You can never know if you need to throw some chilli seeds at an oversized prophetic snake so, just incase.

"Does anybody have a plan?" I asked them both.

"In Percy's words, charge," Aria informed me. "In Annabeth's words, strategy is key."

"In my words," Meg chimed. "Throw packets of seeds at him."

"And in my words," I countered. "Try not to get killed."

They both agreed to that being our plan.

"Apollo," Aria called after a while, her eyes sparkling as she got a sudden idea. "You killed Python when you were a god right? Do you remember how you did that?"

I shook my head. "Yeah, I do but it's not much use. I just burst into my godly form and he disintegrated."

"That's a lot of help isn't it?" Meg grumbled.

I ignored her (I do that often) and focused on Aria again. "The Ouraboros said that you would know what to do."

She spluttered and looked at me, baffled. "Me? Know what to do? How did it even know who I was?"

I shrugged. I'd be surprised if someone hadn't heard of my servant. As in, there's the hint. A mortal girl became the servant of an Olympian god? Faced a thousand years in the Eternal Forest and became immortal? Played a huge part on the First Big Prophecy and accompanied the Seven on the Argo II?