|02|

Clarissa Bane opened her eyes and sighed happily at the feeling of someone's hand pressing into her back along the bare skin of her spine. Her head was on top of her pillow and her hair was laid out haphazardly over her shoulders.

She sighed in contentment as the hand started tracing patterns on her back and she smiled as the person hit a spot that made her giggle from the way it tickled her skin.

"Good morning." The raspy voice commented softly and Clarissa peeked out from bleary eyes to stare at the person who was gently touching her. "You seem happy."

"It's a Saturday and we don't have to get out of bed until later." Clarissa Bane smiled gently as Theo Raeken slid closer to her, laying his forehead on her bare shoulder. He kissed the skin there softly and the auburn-haired teenager had never felt so content in her life. "We could spend the whole day here and I wouldn't care."

"I think your brother would care." Theo mumbled into her shoulder and Clarissa pulled the sheet of their bed up so that she could turn towards him.

"No, he won't. Because then he would have to hear me complain about Brett spending the night almost every night and he doesn't want that." The auburn-haired teenager moved towards him gently, her palm resting on his cheek as she pulled his face towards her own.

She connected their lips softly and felt her heart rate start to speed up as his fingers moved to tangle in her auburn hair. It was gentle and comforting which was a stark contrast from the heated kisses that they had shared the night before.

It was unplanned but they were both filled with a tension from their day spent looking for the Dread Doctors and The Beast. Her body felt warm from the memories that had stayed with her and the feeling that had come with it.

It had started with a small argument and then escalated into both of them harshly snapping at each other from the risks that they had taken that day. She could remember his hands clutching her face as he gave her a searing kiss that turned into frenzied ones on the skin of her neck.

It was like the ocean when it was storming, wild and turbulent.

Feelings of terror and fear had transformed into passion and worry. Blue waves crashing over them as they realized that they were more worried about losing each other than they had initially realized. Frenzied kisses as harsh as the winds of a hurricane changing the way the waves moved had guided them until they were content.

Then it was like the ocean when the waves were calm and the sun was just rising, content and serene.

Frenzied kisses had turned into their lips gently and lazily meeting each other as they realized that nothing had happened to them and that they were safe in each other's arms. Hands that had left bruising holds had turned into hands that ran gently across exposed skin as they talked about anything and everything until the early hours of the morning.

Clarissa pulled back softly, her lips leaving his and her eyes cracking open to look at the content look on his face. It was rare for him to seem so content in recent days and she welcomed the change with a heart full of love.

"He can complain all he wants." Theo whispered softly, his eyes still closed as he buried his head back into the space between her shoulder and her neck. The auburn-haired teenager felt her lips twitch upwards as his breath hit her neck and warmed her up on the inside. "We're not going anywhere today. In fact, we're not leaving this room."

"We have to eat at some point today." Clarissa smirked at the idea of staying inside all day. She knew that they couldn't just forget their responsibilities, but the idea was tempting. "A shower would probably be a good idea as well."