Chapter 7 - Unfortunate Events

Yugi's POV

Moving day has finally come! I am so exited to move for the first time. Before I was born, my parents lived in a rainforest. It was located somewhere in the Amazon River Basin, South America. After I was born, they moved into my grandpa's shop to raise me in a place with less dangers.

I have been with my grandpa for all of my life, but my parents haven't. My father passed away only months after I was born in a plane crash. I was told that my mother couldn't handle the loss of her husband, so she left me with grandpa and moved back to the rainforest. I'd always planned to meet her sometime when I have enough cash for the flight, but I'm sad to say that I might never meet her. On the bright side, grandpa would tell me few stories of when he went to visit the rainforests and his archeological ventures around the world.

I can't think about sad things right now because I'm moving today. "Yugi! Can you bring the last few boxes from your room!" I could hear grandpa yell from the bottom of the stairs. Yami had helped me carry all of the furniture down, so all that was left was one box full of my memories.

I stared down at the box. It had the Millenium Puzzle in it. I could never get rid of it after Yami left, so I kept it with other keepsakes. The box contained an album with lots of pictures of me and my friends over the years. I might not look it, but I sure love making albums. There were many other things in there, including Yami's old duel deck, I still haven't given it back to him. I picked up the box. "Man, this is a pretty heavy box." I said this under my breath, not to let grandpa hear that I couldn't carry one thing. I left the now empty room, where I lived all of my life and headed downstairs.

"Go and put it by the other boxes in the movers truck." Yami looked at me with a bit of a tired look. Well, he was the only one strong enough to help carry all the furniture. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell asleep on his feet. "You got it!" I answered the tired looking Yami with a smile. I put it on the back of the truck. I took one look back at the game shop. I'm ready to have a place, especially if it means being by koi. I blushed a bit at the thought.

When we went to check the house, we already mapped out our rooms. Grandpa's room down the hall from the livingroom, on the first floor. Yami's room was on the second floor, but we had a door connecting our rooms. We still had our own spaces, we just had an opening for each of us to enter the other's. It was a fairly sized house, but it was perfect.

-

Grandpa drove Yami and I to the new house. After everything was ready to go, we left instantly. It was about a 20 minute drive, give or take. "It's beautiful!" I rolled down the truck window and looked out at the scenery. The house was a bit further from the city, like on the outskirts. So there was more space and trees. It was an outstanding view.

By the time we got to the house it was already starting to get dark, so Yami and I started to unload the boxes quickly. Grandpa unloaded some of the boxes full of food, utensils, and pots. He was going to make dinner, even if it was a simple meal.

Grandpa made curly pasta with sauce, it smelled absolutely amazing. Yami and I managed to get grandpa's bed and put it together. The last thing I wanted was for grandpa to sleep on the floor with his back. During this time, the new bed for Yami was dropped off on the doorstep. There was so much clutter that I couldn't get to mine, so we put together Yami's in the time being. We didn't have the table set up, so we got some chairs and put them next to the bar like counter. I'm sure Yami was surprised to see a wine cabinet, I was a bit shocked, but excited. Even though I turned 21 recently, I still hadn't tried alcohol.

The rest of the night went smoothly while all of us talked about whatever came to mind. I had a really great time, it truly started to feel like home.