Chapter 1: Do it for her

Summary:

Connie lost everything when the aliens attacked. Stolen from her home and placed in the arms of the invader's youngest leader, she must learn to leave everything she's ever known in order to survive. Through blood, sweat, and tears she earns her right to stand by her Diamond's side as his knight, but is that enough for their strange and ever-growing attraction to each other?

(Alternate Universe where the Diamonds discover Steven's existence before the show and things turn out far darker than Canon).

Notes:

Disclaimer: Don't own Steven Universe or any of its characters.

Hey! So a lot of folks really liked my art for the sort of AU of my hereditary pink Steven AU and I thought, what the hell, let's write some angst. Big thanks to Ashidaii, Novantinium, Echofour, and Hadithi for inspiring me and helping me with figuring stuff out for the story and whatnot. I sincerely appreciate ya'll's help.

Hope you enjoy the first chapter!

You do it for himAnd you would do it againYou do it for her, that is to sayYou'll do it for him

You do it for him
And you would do it again
You do it for her, that is to say
You'll do it for him

Some say they came for their resources.

Others say they came to eradicate them.

But Connie didn't care.

At one time she did though, months ago when their arrival was plastered all over the news, infesting every television, cell phone, and computer screen like a virus. News of the invasion sent humans into a fevered frenzy. Connie could remember the confusion, the panic, the discomfort. She withdrew into her books the worse it got, preferring to hide in her room versus sitting with her parents, glued to the television screen and ensuing chaos. She remembered how desperately she tried to appear okay with it all, hoping to please her parents and their expectations for her.

The worst part was there was no vaccine for this. No doctor to make it better. And, as much as she tried, she could not ignore it.

Especially now.

Her heart lurched at the thought of doctors, because doctors meant mom and mom was—

She swallowed back the tears, pushing through grief and fears to continue her search for food and shelter. It had only been a few days. There was still hope they were alive. The fires had been intense, but Connie held out for them, despite the deepening dread as hours turned to days of no contact.

She glanced at her phone. The battery was near dead, so she turned it off, hoping to preserve what little juice it had left.

Not that it mattered. No one could get a word in these days. Everything was monitored by them. Communications had been shut down, their government's last-ditch effort to delay the inevitable.