Chapter 2: Keep your Stance Wide

Summary:

Connie wakes to find herself in a strange place with even stranger people. As the reality of her situation sets in, Connie resolves to find an escape back to Earth. But how?

Notes:

Disclaimer: Don't own Steven Universe or any of its characters.

Hey! Back with another chapter! I might not update for next week since I gotta update my Blue Moon Rising fic. Big thanks for all the lovely kudos, bookmarks and reviews! You guys are so lovely. I sincerely appreciate it. Shoutout to the folks on the steven universe discord I'm on for encouraging me with this story. I appreciate it. :)

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Keep your stance wideKeep your body loweredAs you're moving forwardBalance is the key

Keep your body lowered
As you're moving forward
Balance is the key

Echoes of voices thrummed softly through her ears. At first, she ignored them, preferring the warm, encompassing dream of magic and adventure to the waking world and its harsh realities. Here she was powerful. Here she was unique.

But the noise persisted, followed by cool waves that brushed against her body. The images of her dream began to blur and scatter, the day world fast approaching. Connie opened her mouth to yawn—

And promptly gagged.

Her eyes flew open, limbs moving erratically. Liquid surrounded her, flowing between her hair, her mouth, her eyes. Panic gripped her heart. Every breath felt labored and uncomfortable, no longer a subconscious action her mind could hide.

It took her a few moments to realize she wasn't drowning, the watery substance somehow filled with enough oxygen that she can survive. Not that she paid all that much attention to that little fact. Her mind was more occupied with the terrifying realization that she is not where she is supposed to be at all.

This wasn't the Beach Town.

She kicked outwards, foot smacking painfully against a hard surface. Connie bit down a groan. Her foot met the side again, searching for some sort of grip, followed by her hand.

Okay, she was inside something, she determined. But what? Pressing her face to the wall, she tried to make sense of her surroundings.

A familiar blue face stood inches from her own.

This time, Connie screamed, her resulting coughs shaking her body as the liquid went down the wrong pipe.

Recent memories rushed through her head. The crash. Her parents. The invasion. She had tried to save someone and got kidnapped for it. And now, she was in the very hands of the people who wanted to destroy her home.