2. The Real Reunion

3rd P.O.V

"You came back, " W said before standing up and nuzzled on his cheek.

Her arms wrap around his built torso, feeling the familiar warmth from him with her wet face. Vide gazes on W before bringing her closer and caresses her soft white hair. Her sobs reminded him when she was still a fragile little girl that he has to protect in the past. 

Now, she made a name for herself as one of the most feared 'Sarkaz' mercenaries. Which made him a bit sad that he does not need to always stay on her side like before. Yet, he is glad that she became a strong woman to be able to defend herself because the unknown separates them again. 

She gazes into his eyes with her golden orbs before giving him a sweet smile which brings him nostalgia. He wanted to say something to her but his broken vocal cord prevents that. It will give him immense pain saying only a few words. 

He pulled out a card with words written on it, 'I lost my voice.' 

"You can't talk anymore? Is it because of that canyon you fell into?" She asked and gently caresses his neck to comfort him a bit. 

Vide feels ticklish from her touch and grabs her hand to stop it. He guides her hand below his neck and slowly presses her palm onto the centre of his chest. W can faintly feel his heartbeat from his torso causing curiosity to crept into her mind. 

'Can you feel my heart beating?' Written on a new card he held between his fingers. 

He stares intently into her while waiting for her response. On the other hand, W's eyes slightly waver from the eye contact as she could not endure the emotions emitted from him, including her own. 

She turns her head away from his gaze trying to hide the red tints on her cheeks. Vide tried to chuckle but his chest vibrated and no sound came out of his mouth, except his breaths. 

He slowly places his gloved left hand on her cheek with care to catch her attention. Feeling another sense of warmth on her cheek, W caught the gist of his intention and slightly turned her head. 

Only two of them in the room and any disturbance would break the mood they currently have. She shakes off the tension in her heart and looks at him with upturned eyes. A gulp could be vaguely heard from him as his heart beats faster after seeing the cute display. 

"I-I can feel… your heartbeat, " she stuttered a bit as she could hear her own heartbeat pacing faster too. 

Vide slides his left hand behind her head, before pulling her closer onto his chest tenderly. The heat exuded from him left her awestruck. At that moment she realised how much she missed this caring man, as Vide also feels the same. 

All he could remember is the darkness with savaged creatures surrounding him in the canyon. No source of comfort or heat, just himself enduring the coldness and a smiling W in his memory to mentally fortify himself. 

Aside from that, his heart bangs louder and W could hear it with her ear on his torso. She closes her eyes and carefully listens to it like music. A piece of calming music which serves comfort and care, away from the stress of her life.

'Can you hear it beating?' Vide showed another card and she saw it between her eyelids. 

A pair of slim arms locked around his head, as W kept them both in place. Her mental fatigue disappears as if it was just a bad joke from reality. 

There is only silence externally, but internally, wild emotions are swirling between them expressed through their hearts.

W did not mind his bizarre question because it sounds adorable to her. In truth, she is oblivious to the intention behind the questions. Vide is known to be slick behind his choice of words and always leads to something important either it is generally or personally.