Chapter 13: 40 weeks

"H-Hello David." A familiar voice said, leaving both Winona and David stunned. It was the one person he dreaded on seeing again, only for the fear of making what he did even worse than it already was.

"Hi Alison, w-what are you doing here?" David couldn't even begin to wrap his head around why she was at his house, let alone being nice to him. All of this worried Winona, she was afraid she wasn't good enough for him and that he would be crawling back to Alison the first chance he got, this being the first chance.

"I-I'll leave you two alone to talk" Winona said, leaving the room.

David tried stopping her but was interrupted by Alison inviting herself in. David watched her as she sat down at the table looking at her hands. He started to get worried and not just about her but about Winona who was waiting patiently in the other room. He could tell something was wrong but he wasn't sure what it was, but whatever it is, wasn't good.

"Um, I don't really know how to say this so i'm just gonna come right out and say it before things get worse or I chicken out and not say it."

"Well what is it?" David sat in front of her nervously. This was bad, very, very, bad.

"Well, David, I-I'm pregnant and you're the father."

David was in complete shock once again, his heart was racing, but not in a good way, he was excited yet terrified, but then he realized, Winona. How in the world was he gonna tell Winona. He knew something like this would ruin their new relationship, but he didn't want to lie to her or keep it a secret for a fear of losing her completely, so telling her was what he had to do.

After several minutes of processing this new information David finally was able to speak. He was still shocked and didn't really know what to say. He wanted Winona, more than ever, but he wanted a life with his baby too, and he also hoped to have a baby with Winona, that's if she wanted one with him, but after this, he wasn't so sure she would still want him.

"C-Congratulations?"

"T-Thank you, I get it if you don't want to be apart of the baby's life I just thought you'd like to know and it would be wrong if I told you something like this over the phone."

"Well thank you for telling me and I do want to be apart of the baby's life, y'know how important that kind of stuff is to me."

"Yeah, I know" Alison gave him a small smile while reaching for his hand as he backed away, still thinking about Winona and how this would affect her and their relationship. But if there was one thing he knew about for sure was that he always wanted a baby, something he could call his own, someone who would love him unconditionally and someone he could love and care for with all of his being. He didn't want a baby with Alison, he wanted one with Winona but he knew that God had a plan of his own and he wasn't too happy about it.

Winona on the other hand couldn't stop pacing, she knew that whatever reason Alison was here had to be big, big enough that she would come and see her ex in an emotional state. She was scared, scared of what Alison was saying to him, scared that he would change his mind about being with her and go back to his ex and the more she thought about the more it made her sick.

After some time Alison left and David was still in shock. He knew the right thing was to tell Winona the truth, but he didn't know how he could do that and that scared him more than knowing he was gonna be a father and not to the love of his life's baby.