Kyle Wilson

It was a beautiful Sunday evening. I had texted Kyle asking him to come over and was standing outside on my balcony, waiting for him. A cool breeze blew by, making me shiver and I wrapped my arms around myself for some warmth. The weather was pleasant and everything seemed calm except my heart that was thumping inside my chest. I heard the door open and turned around to see Kyle. He smiled and walked towards me. 'Why is he so handsome?', I thought. I smiled back. He came and stood beside me, putting his hands on the railing. "It's really nice out today, isn't it?", said Kyle. "Yeah, it really is.", I agreed. "It's been months since I last came over.", he said. "Don't remind me.", I said while shaking my head. "How'd your exams go?", I asked. 'Stop stalling, Shivi.', I thought to myself. "Good.", he replied. "Good.", I repeated. 'What am I doing?'  Kyle looked at me and squinted his eyes. "What?", I said, backing away a little. "You look like you just stole something but you're feeling guilty about it.", he replied. "That's awfully descriptive and no, I haven't stolen anything.", I said in an offended tone. Kyle laughed and said," That's not what I meant. You have something on your mind." "I do.", I said, biting my lip. "Do you want to tell me?", he asked. " Yeah. I actually have something to tell you.", I said. "It shouldn't be another apology.", said Kyle. "It isn't." 

A/N: Please click on the song above and read the rest of the chapter for a better experience.

I put my hand over my heart to calm myself down. I took a breathe in and said," I love you." Avoiding his eyes, I looked up at the sky which was now different shades of pink and orange. "And not in the way friends do. I don't know if you've noticed but I've never said those words to you until now. Friends say I love you to each other. I tell Jenny that I love her all the time but I never said it to you. I think deep down in my sub conscious, I knew that I never thought of you just as my best friend and I knew that when the day would come when I would say that I love you, it wouldn't be easy like it is to tell your friends. So, even if it is hard and my hands are shaking because I'm way too nervous. I'm going to tell you before I somehow lose myself again and mess up." I turned my head towards him, " I'm in love with you. I'm in love with you, Kyle Wilson." His lips were parted and his eyes were wide. His face was hard to read. He was silently staring at me. I reminded myself how to breathe and waited for him to say something.

 He removed his hands from the railing and turned to face me. And with the happiest grin on his face, he said," You don't have to worry about losing yourself, cause I'll be there to remind you about all the amazing things you are. It's hard not to know that when you've been love with that girl for so many years. And to know that she loves me too? Damn, I'm happy." I couldn't believe my ears. I felt myself go weak at the knees. 'He said he's been in love with me for years? Me?'  "You're talking about me?", I asked to make sure. "Yes, Shivi.", he said, laughing at my disbelief. My face broke into a smile immediately. He took a few steps forward, closing the distance between us. He placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me on the lips. I leaned in and wrapped my arms around his neck. The kiss was gentle at first, as if we were both scared that the other might pull back. But soon it was no longer soft, Kyle's hands had now fallen down to my waist and he pressed his lips harder on to mine.  I ran my fingers through his soft hair and grabbed it tenderly, wanting him closer. All at once, he picked me up such that my legs were wrapped around his waist and he pushed me against the balcony wall. I groaned into his mouth, our bodies were now pressed against each other and he took the chance to deepen the kiss.

 By the end, we were both left completely breathless. We didn't even notice when the sun had set and it was dark now. The tips of our nose were touching and we were both smiling like idiots. "Not so innocent anymore, are we?", I said. "We never were.", replied Kyle. My feet were now on the floor but I was still locked in his embrace when I heard the door open. "Shivi, I'm..", my mom called. "Where did you go?", she asked, confused. "Out here, mom!", I shouted while trying to free myself from his hug. "Oh, I see. Did Kyle go home already?", asked my mom. I could hear footsteps coming towards the balcony. "Let me go, Kyle.", I whisper shouted. He simply smirked at me and held me tighter. I couldn't help but laugh and replied to my mom, " No! He's here with me." "Hey, Mrs.Wells.", said Kyle while I struggled to pull back. He finally let me go while trying to suppress his laughter. "Well, I just wanted to tell you that I've prepared dinner for Kyle as well.", said my mom. "Okay! Thank you, mom!", I shouted and heard the door close. 

I hit Kyle on the shoulder and said, "What if she came out on the balcony?" "She didn't.", he said, smiling innocently. We both burst into laughter. He pulled me closer by the waist and kissed me on the nose. "I have school tomorrow. But I don't want to go without you there.", said Kyle. I smiled and said, "I'm coming." "What?" "I'm allowed to go now." "You are?" "Yep." "I'm going to go crazy with all this happiness." I kissed him on the lips again without thinking. "I love you." "I love you too." We both whispered.