Chapter 18 - Like You're Any Better

"Hm..."

It's been days since the encounter with Lust and Ink started to lose hope that the other would come back for the scroll. He told about it to Error but they both decided not to delve in much to it since it's only a tale.

The rest of his days were spent either staying with Blue or sneaking. Blue seemed to get more curious about him as the days passed. Particularly, his and Error's relationship. It started off as what he thought of Error then to asking him if he's friends with the destroyer. He said yes, an automatic response. He wasn't bothered by it, not at all. There's one that actually made him silent.

"So then, you trust Error?"

Blue was right about that. If he truly see Error as a friend, he would trust him but his throat became dry with the question. He couldn't speak as he dwelled on the response he would say. If you're friends with someone, you usually put your trust into them. You won't doubt him even for a second.

Somehow, that was hard for Ink to decipher. He trust Error doing something he asked of but through his words, promises and such... it was in between. Ink did believe him that he couldn't save everyone because he could see it.

But lying to me about the orb? That's another thing.

Ink lacked information about the orb. Why would Error even lie to him? The saving-everyone-thinking is different with finding-the-orb-task. He should know about it. He couldn't see any reason for Error to lie except if he wanted to go home alone.

He remembered the destroyer introducing him to the old man in the village as a friend. Was it only lip service or was it true?

He soon realized after his thinking that he spaced out infront of the very worried servant. He assured that he was okay and he only got distracted.

---|---

Today wasn't going to be a good day. Some of the signs are; the sky getting darker than usual, being tied up on the chain leash and feeling a little fidgety since he woke up. He doesn't understand it and Error's also free today. He told him that Martial's always visiting in this day of the week hrnce being tied to the chain leash. He stayed there, thinking of everything that's been going on around him. He hoped the day woukd end okay.

---|---

"I do apologize, Sir but I haven't seen that servant anywhere." Miyu apologized.

Martial pouted as he stopped describing the funny servant he met.

'Could you ask them instead? I'm quite... fond of him.'

Miyu nodded as she called on to every servant and described the mysterious boy Seventh told her about. Martial looked at the row of sweets on the table and saw a caramel-flavored cake. He swiped a finger at the icing, humming at the delicious taste. He knew they'd notice anyway so he snatched a plate from the rack and took a slice. He placed the piece on it and gave one last look.

As delicious as ever.

He thought as he grabbed a fork. He brought down the fork but it was pulled away from him. He gaped and stabbed right where the plate had been pulled away but it was moved away again. He was going to try again but it was brought up and away.

My caramel!

He was about to pull his katana when he met eyes with Miyu and she was looking at him as if she was scolding him. He sheathed the blade back and put the fork down carefully on the wooden furniture as a symbol of peace.