Chapter 27 - I Don't Need You Anymore

"I told you, you'll see him."

Lust felt his hopes rise as he saw Horror among the Generals lined up to collect their remaining slaves. He saw the relief washed over the Sixth General as Lust raised his hand among the crowd to signal his survival. He grinned so wide until he looked at Ink who was frowning beside him. He debated to ask what's wrong so he decided to look for the cause instead.

Seventh was standing there, giving a blank look at everyone as he tilted his head to cure the stiffness. First was standing straightly, Lust noticed the few bandages especially the patch on the strongest general's cheek. Sixth wasn't focusing to others except for the assassin. Second was chatting to Dream although having no such luck and was currently prodding at the bandages which earned a rightful smack from his superior. Fifth was mumbling to himself while examining the crowd, currently looking at his line. Third stood with laziness in his posture, his scythe on his shoulder while he chugged down a drink. He gave one lazy look at Lust before nodding which Lust returned.

Lust frowned as he realized the source of the other's unhappiness.

It wasn't Error who was standing beside Reaper and Dust, it was the new Commander of Fourth's tower. Error was nowhere to be seen.

He looked directly at Ink to see his eye lights to see one of them changed to a question mark. Lust debated whether to console him or not but he owe Ink for keeping his promise so he chose the first option.

"Ink, he'll be fine. I'm certain Fourth General is well." He received a small nod instead of any answer or confirmation that the other was feeling better.

Lust heard the barks of the soldiers for them to move and go to their lines. Lust was swept away to his line and he watched Ink get left behind by the crowd. He gave a worried glance to Horror who was giving a questioning gaze. He went to the line not before he caught Dream staring at the artist.

---|---

"Return to your duties, no time must waste!" Ink was pushed off the crowd and personally guided by the commander with few more men.

"C-Commander? Is this necessary?" One of them doubted.

"I am certain. We don't want any repeat of what happened, do we?" The Commander gave Ink a look.

The slave pretended not to care although he knew the certain incident that embarrassed them. It can't be helped, he wasn't going to get caught by these people. He could fight them off anyways. He was dropped off infront Error's door.

He stood there for a long time. He couldn't believe he's back. He came back alive as he promised! He subconsciously looked at his pinky finger. He held the doorknob and twisted it.

Error... I'm back!

Ink's smile came to a halt as he saw the figure tucked on the bed. He didn't even bother as the bag he brought was left on the ground. He immediately grabbed a chair and held Error's hand. Despite his exhaustion, he forced himself to use his magic. The green mist danced as he tried the best he could, darting to every bandaged bones. Error was smiling at him even if he was beaten to a pulp.

"You're back..." The destroyer stated as he assisted Ink on getting himself sat up.

He hissed at the dull throbbing on his legs and Ink was once again on him.