hot chocolate / part two

2.6k words

The early hours of my Christmas were spent finishing Draco's present and slowly drinking a mug of hot chocolate I magically whipped up myself.  Although I was still annoyed at Draco, it felt like my entire Christmas Eve was spent with the Gryffindors I met at the courtyard.  I felt a little guilty for this, thinking I should have sacrificed time to visit him and see how he was doing.  But instead I continued to laugh and talk with my new friends.

Christmas morning- like actually Christmas morning, not staying up late Christmas morning- rose upon me much quicker than I expected.  I had fallen asleep outside the fire in the Common Room, laying on the couch with the presents I had to give out beside me.

It was Luna Lovegood who woke me up, one of my good friends and one of the only other Ravenclaws who stayed during the holidays.  She shook me lightly.

"What, what?" I said groggily.

"It's Christmas!" She whispered to me excitedly.

Immediately I shot up.  I looked around, briefly wondering where I was and saw a tree, decorated in all sorts of tinsel and ornaments.  I grinned and looked to her.

"Merry Christmas, Luna," I smiled and handed her a gift that sat beside me.  It was wrapped in a traditional Muggle Christmas wrapping paper.

"Merry Christmas to you too," She smiled and handed me a present as well, her's wrapped in all sorts of different colored papers, looking delighted that I got her something.

We sat underneath the tree and counted down from three before opening them.  She seemed very excited that I got her a set of homemade earrings and a necklace.  The earrings- going along the theme of the radish ones she wore everyday- were lemons, and her necklace had a charm with her spectrespects on them.  She squealed and took off her current jewelry to put them on.

From her I received a pair of spectrespects myself, an adorable necklace with a silver raven charm on it and a lovely letter about what being friends meant to her.  She watched me read it and I could feel myself blushing as I did, eventually tearing up at the amount of heart she put into it.

We then dove into the gifts from our family, opening them up one at a time and showing them off to one another.  I loved seeing how much her dad seemed to understand her, picking out things that seemed to fit her intelligent and quirky personality exactly.

After laughing and having a nice conversation about our past Christmases we decided to change and head to the Great Hall to have breakfast.  This is where the rest of the students who were staying were, all laughing and chatting amongst one another, most with a new book or wizard gadget beside them.  Many of the Weasleys were wearing sweaters with their first initial on it.  Ron, Harry, Fred and George were sitting at a table together.  When Ron noticed me and Luna, he got to his feet and got something out.

"Marry Christmas," He said to me as he handed me a gift.  Luna smiled genuinely and watched him steady his excited breaths.  I handed him a present as well from my bag.

"Merry Christmas," I smiled.  We walked back to their portion of the Gryffindor table and began to take guesses at each other's gifts.  We laughed at how similarly shaped they were, and had a suspicion that we had the same idea for one another.

"Ready?" He asked.  "One, two, open!"

And at once we tore the wrapping paper to bits as Luna collected the pieces and watched us.  We burst out laughing when we saw the gifts.  We got each other the same thing.

"Hey, how'd you know I loved these?" He laughed, holding up his box of chocolate frogs.  I could barely breathe by how much I was laughing, looking at the boxes.