I Was Never Loved- chp 14

Okay a brief warning: Please do not let the last sentence fool you this is not the last chapter I still have some more to write for this story. Please continue to read and show your support though cuz it makes me feel compelled to write tons!!! Also hope you guys continue to like the story.

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 14

"Seth what the hell do you think you're doing?!"

I immediately looked to the doorway. Sydney and Jonie had run in. I felt a sharp but distant pain throbbing. This wasn't happening, it couldn't be happening!

"Get away from her!" Jonie shouted.

"Okay calm down, I know this looks wrong and I admit that my original intentions were not exactly innocent but you have to believe me when I say I am only trying to get a better look at her hand." Seth said, pleading his case. My . . . hand . . . ? The two looked at him, obviously not believing a word he said. "I'm not lying! I held her against the wall, kissing her neck then I felt something warm running against my skin, when I looked it was her scratching at the bandage on her arm with some kind of blank look on her face until blood started seeping out! I only want to take a look but she won't let me!" Was that the distant throbbing that I felt . . . ? I looked down at my right hand and saw how much of a bloody mess it was. Did I really do that . . .? I didn't remember scratching myself . . .or did I . . .? Wait- my hand was still moving! Back and forth it went clawing away at my wound, almost as if it had a mind of it's own.

"Well do you blame her?! Get away from her so she can stop hurting herself!" Jonie fumed.

"But . . . " Seth paused as if he was thinking it over. He sighed in resignation then stepped away. It was then that my hand stopped moving.

Sydney sighed and it was a mixture of relief and frustration. "Kai what happened to your arm?" I could tell she dreaded the answer.

"I smashed it into the bathroom mirror." I said indifferently. My tone was drained of all emotion.

"You did what?!" Sydney was definitely shocked.

"Why?" Jonie was much more composed, she was analysing the situation.

That question brought back so many thoughts. Everything came rushing back to my head, the water, Erin boasting, Seth grabbing me. It all got to me . .. "Because it wasn't fair!" I shouted in frustration. Life was always a bitch when it came to me.

"What's not fair?" She was still making mental notes.

"She has everything! Perfect hair, perfect skin, confidence- she even had the crown as soon as they announced the winner!"

"Kai-" Sydney tried but I wasn't done yet.

"Then you have me; what do I have?! I'm nothing more than a -a whore!"

"What? Who told you that?" Sydney asked, concern evident in her tone.

"Practically everyone at my  old school and that's only because they're right!" I ran out of the room quickly. I knew I had said too much but I couldn't help it, I needed to let it out somehow. As I ran down the hall I hit into a broad chest. Looking up my heart sank. It was only Josh, from my math and chem class. I didn't want to see him.

"Kai, are you alright . . .?" He stretched his hand toward me but before I could pull away I was dragged into an embrace.

"She doesn't want to see you right now, isn't that obvious?" I turned and saw Jayden's hardened face. He didn't like when other guys spoke to me; not at all.