"maybe one day"

missing you
-
all time low

"Uhm, hey Chase." I gave him a small wave although he stood in front of me. Idiot, "What's up?" I asked, my eyes finally meeting his. His facial expression changed soon after, "Ba-Cheryl, are you okay?" He asked, catching himself from saying the first word.

He took a step closer to me as he examined my face, studying it a bit before I spoke up "Yeah, just kind of exhausted. Jet lag and all." I gave him a tight smile although I knew he didn't believe me the slightest bit. Technically it wasn't a complete lie, but it wasn't the full truth. I was exhausted, both emotionally and physically. Having a flight from one side of the country to the other and then having to get up early for school has that effect on a teenager.

"Talk to me Cheryl." He said a she grabbed my arm with his hand.

And seconds after he spoke, the bell rang and I let out a sigh of relief "Don't want to be late on the first day back." I say before shoving past him, but he spoke up again anyways.

"We still have classes together, Cher." He called my by my nickname as I stopped walking for a few seconds to let him continue "You're going to have to speak to me and you know it."

I shook my head as I continued to walk to class,  Anthony following shortly after. I wanted to speak to him, to rant. I wanted to do so more than anything. Lots of people would let me rant to them, but Chase was one of the only people who truly listened. I wanted to cry in his arms as he held me. I loved him. Truly. But I knew I couldn't go back to him; not yet at least, no matter how much I wanted too. He would need to work for it if he wanted anything to even remotely go back to the way they once were.

"You're going to have to speak to someone about what's on your mind eventually." Anthony whispered as we walked through the doors to enter the classroom.

"Eventually. As in, not now. Maybe one day though, Tony." I responded, taking a seat in between the middle and back rows of the classroom. Anthony sat on my left side and soon in walked Zach's brother, Zane. Once he had spotted me he sat on my right and people came flowing into the classroom, one by one. A few jocks sat by the back and some notorious potheads sat in the front desks of where Anthony and I were. I huffed, grabbing my notebook out my bag and started to write on the pages, not paying any mind to the people surrounding me. At least that's what I did for most of the period, but of course Zane tried to talk to me about his brother several times and Anthony continuously made jokes about the lecture and asked numerous questions about the material that he didn't understand one bit.

»

Last period rolled around sooner than expected, study hall. Zach had decided to sit with Benjamin, Lydia, Madison as well as a few others and I at lunch. Chase had continuously tried to talk to me in the classes we'd had together and I knew this period would be no different.

I sat in the back row, my feet propped up on the desk as I leaned back in my chair with my AirPods in my ears. The teacher was practically asleep and everyone was conversing, but I was too dazed off to pay attention to anyone that had tried to speak to me. That was until Chase had pulled an AirPod out my ear as I rolled my eyes in response.

"I was listening to music."

"No shit. Honestly I'm kind of surprised you aren't drowning yourself in homework. All you've been doing this entire day is your work." He said as he hesitantly gave me an AirPod back as I took out the other, shoving them inside the case.

"Finished my homework already." That was a lie. The last thing I wanted to do was anymore work than I had already done in my previous classes.

"Oh," he looked down at the rings covering his fingers "You've barely said a word to anyone all day... besides Anthony." He scoffed slightly.

After the events with Chase and I, Anthony and I had grown closer if anything. We had become the best of friends and I appreciated it greatly seeing as he was able to separate his friendship with Chase from his with mine. "Anthony is just easy to joke around with." I spoke up after a little less than a minute.

"You doing anything after school?" Chase asked, changing the topic completely.

"No."

"Well, maybe-" I cut him off quickly. As much as I missed Chase I didn't know if I wanted him back in my life yet; well, I did. Of course I did, but I didn't know what I wanted him as. "I'm not really in the mood today. Maybe another time?"

He pursed his lips as he nodded "Yeah, another time."

I let out a soft sigh. I wanted to talk to him, but I didn't know where I'd even begin. I don't know how he could think I would rant to him-even though I very much so wanted too- when he couldn't even choke up the words to tell me why he cheated.

There was an inner conflict stirring within myself. I wanted to believe Chase had a reason behind what he did. That it wasn't just because he was slightly tipsy and it 'just happened', that it wasn't only a heat of the moment type thing. But another part of me kept telling myself that he didn't need a reason to do so. He could've just done it because he wanted too. In all honesty, I wasn't even completely sure how far the two of them had gone. I had only walked in and seconds after I had ran out, not seeing much. But I did know that Chase never followed me out, he never gave me an explanation as to why he did what he did. Or what it was that he even did for that matter.

a/n

shfeibckenc im working on another Colby Brock fanfic!

word count : 1073

-edited-