"we can do more than talking"

don't let me go
-
cigarettes after sex

"Cheryl?!" Chase called out into the house once he entered. It wasn't long before he found the all too familiar face sat on the kitchen floor with her knees to her chest, silently crying.

"Cheryl, I need to tell you something. About that night-"

The girls head immediately snapped to look at the boy who had rushed towards her side. He went to sit next to her, wanting to comfort her in anyway he could, but he stopped himself once she released a flinch the second he got too close.

"What, Chase? What do you need to tell me?" She almost yelled. Her anger had overcome the sadness she felt seeing his face oh so close to hers.

Why was he deciding to tell her this now, out of all the chances he's had to say something.

"Cheryl I've been wanting to tell you this since the second you walked into that bedroom with Tony. For starters, I didn't fuck her. I know it looked like it, but I could never do that to you. I love you too goddamn much. I'm so sorry for hurting you, but at the time it seemed like a better option," To say the least, Cheryl was confused. A better option? She wanted to say something, but refrained and let him continue talking,
"Your dad came to me a few hours before the party. He said that-that if I didn't end things with you, he would kill me. That I wasn't involved in the plan he had for your life."

Cheryl laughed. Loudly. She laughed and couldn't stop for a few minutes as she stared at Chase in disbelief. Her father, who wouldn't even hurt a fly, kill Chase? "You're joking right? What is this, a movie? My dad couldn't even kill a damned spider Chase." She rolled her eyes at the boy. "My dad has no reason to hurt you. And for your information, he doesn't have a say in what I do with my life choices."

He gulped, knowing this wouldn't have worked. As much as he wanted her to believe him, he wouldn't even believe himself if it was the other way around. A sigh left his lips as he stood up, "Be careful, Cheryl."

She shook her head, glancing up at he boy "So what? You're just going to leave, again? After telling me some lie about my father? The man I've known all my life? Chase my life isn't a book and my father isn't in a goddamn mafia, he wouldn't kill you. Or anyone, for that matter." By now she was standing up, staring at Chase with an unreadable look in her eyes. "Just leave, Chase. That's what you're best at isn't it?"

Staring at her emotionless face, Chase didn't know what else to do. A wave of confidence flew over him and he pushed her body up against the wall, his lips less than inches from hers. "It wasn't a mistake-kissing you again. I don't know why I let your dad talk me into doing everything I had. You may not believe me Cher, but why don't you ask him. Then we can talk." He looked down to her lips which were inching towards his "or maybe we can do more than talking, next time."

He winked and before the two got the chance for their lips to meet again, he turned and walked out of the house leaving the girl dumbfounded.

She brought a finger to her lips, tracing over them as she glanced at the door in disbelief.

It couldn't be true... could it?

As much as she wanted to believe Chase was lying, she knew he had no reason too. Why would he lie? More importantly, why would he even say a lie as big a deal as this. It had to have at least some shimmer of truth behind it.

Walking up to her bedroom, the girl grabbed her phone out her pocket and looked to her fathers contact. Her fingers hovered above it before clicking on the call button.

"Is it true, dad?" She asked, glancing at her red nose and swoll eyes in the mirror.

"Is what true?" He laughed, obviously confused as to what his daughter was talking about. Obviously he had an idea, but he couldn't bring himself to believe Chase would even dare to speak about that nights events. Especially to his beloved daughter.

"Chase." She whispered, hoping he wouldn't know what she was talking about.

But her question was answered when she heard his breathing pick up on the other end of the call and the phone go flat for a few moments. The silence was deadly and the only thing she could hear were her fathers heavy breathes as well as hers.

"Why aren't you in school?" Her father asked in an attempt to change the subject, but all the girl did was roll her eyes "Is it true dad?" She asked from the other end of the line, her voice unsteady.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I have to go, tesoro, talk to you soon." Her father quickly stated before hanging up the phone not giving her any time to let out another word.

To say the least, he was shocked that Chase had the balls to even mention what had happened.

As for Cheryl; she didn't move a muscle. All she did was continue to stare at the reflection in the mirror before glancing around the room.

"It can't be true." She whispered, shaking her head.

Her feet lead her to her bed, collapsing on to it before tucking herself under the covers. She shut her eyes and dazed off into a dreamless slumber.

a/n
um,
yikes
don't hate me xx

word count - 974
-edited-