54

Chapter 54

We could have gone out since the weather was nice and Jungkook wanted a new environment but my dysmenorrhea and pelvic pain stopped us. Other than that we took a break from studying... I was very apologetic but he told me it was okay. The painkillers I took was wearing off again and I could feel the pulsating pain on my abdomen and pelvis. I should be having my period now but not a single spot of blood came out and it was really painful, nonetheless. It happened very often, my irregular periods since I first got my first one, and sometimes, there was just nothing, yet there would always be pain. It was always from stress.

"Let's just cuddle and I'll show you something," Jungkook cheerfully sat on the sofa, beckoning me to join him.

"What something?"

"Hug me first."

"Tell me now." I urged him, not feeling well.

He scrunched up his nose, shaking his head in fake disappointment. I chuckled at his reaction. Taking his bag from his side, his hand digged through it, then showed me a tiny, thick book. I squinted when I made out the title. A shy smile appeared across his features, embarrassment in his avoiding eyes. "Don't judge me."

My heart took a leap. "Why did you bring that?"

"Well, why not we pick out names for our future babies for fun?"

"Do you really want to have kids?"

"Badly... But I don't want to pressure you."

"You're such a husband material." I voiced out, staring at his flushed face. I loved making him get all flustered.

He groaned. "I still wonder how you can say flattering comments while wearing a blank face."

"Flattering? It's the truth."

For some reason, he stood up, carrying the book and instantly walked to the sofa where I was sitting, leaned over me, giving me a squeezed hug. "I'll marry you in no time if you keep being like this," he whispered, face on my shoulder. He seated himself next to me, his arms still wrapped around me, snuggling like a baby.

"Do you still feel pain?" He asked me, mumbling.

I made a nod, resting my hand on his arm. "Yeah."

"Then we'll do something fun." He slightly pulled away, opening the thick book as he grinned. "I just want to do this for now... I got this book from my mom's old belongings... I didn't know she had been keeping this book for a long time. She actually got my name from this. Come on, let's check the names out."

"Are you this bored?" I asked him.

"Please don't make this more embarrassing because at one point in our life, we'll be doing this after all. Let's do it in advance. Planned family is good."

"You like two to three kids, if I remember it right." I indulged in it, teasing him a little.

"Stop that." His brows were furrowed so I stopped. Jungkook placed one leg on my lap comfortably and began to read the names, along with the meanings. He told me his opinion and I would nod and say what I think. But I was more immersed in the fact at how attentive he was about having kids. He seemed like he was so excited to have his own children soon but he didn't want to nag me and be adamant on the topic. We weren't even married yet...

Somehow, his mood excited me too.

Jungkook was respectful and patient. We were a couple but he didn't try to make a move on me. I was thankful for that because I was aware that not all guys in this modern times could be like that. It was as if he set a restriction for himself and made a rule that he could not risk everything. He even mentioned once that I'd be a virgin bride... I could only gasp. I was fazed at how bold he was that moment. I would still feel embarrassed every time I'd think of it.

I loved how he kept a safe distance from me, how he put an imaginary thin line between us for him not to cross over although we're already intimately close. His sweet words didn't endear me anymore, but his actions and he as a whole did.

After an hour, Jungkook got tired and set the book aside. He faced me, "I suddenly realized we'll have our first anniversary soon."

I jerked up my brows, partly surprised. "You mean, your 26th birthday."

"Double celebration. Nice."

"Don't fret yourself about that anniversary thingy." I told him.

"Why not? Isn't it special to you?"

"It is, but it doesn't necessarily you should get all worked up."

"How sure are you that I'm planning something?"

"You look like you are."

He only grinned. When my phone buzzed from the coffee table, Jungkook moved off from me and took my device before handing it over to me. I muttered a thank you, sliding my finger across the screen, seeing a message from my Dad. He informed me I should come home by second week of September and attend the foundation day of a charity my Gran founded. And of course, my grandparents would be there. I typed my reply and noticed Jungkook was peeking at my phone.

"Just my Dad." I said.

"Your grandparents are coming home again soon?"

"Yes."

"Your gran probably doesn't like me."

"I don't know, I mean she's against the idea of me getting into a relationship while I'm still studying."

"Well, I don't like her either so I'm not even a bit affected."

"I'll properly introduce you to them."

"Let's do that. I want to infuriate her more."

I gaped at him. "Jungkook..."

"Sena, you have problematic grandparents, especially the old woman. I don't get her." He shook his head, showing he could not comprehend my grandmother's behavior towards me. "I'm sorry I intentionally read a thread of her messages in your phone. It's very alarming... how an educated woman can call you sick names. She's not good for your mental health."

"I'm used to it. I can't change anything already. But I try not to get bothered."

"What right does she have to trash-talk you? If she thinks she can manipulate your life just because his son and their money raised you, she's getting something from me."

"Don't get involved." I advised him.

His frown deepened. "I can't. She's just so despicable and... I can't grasp the right words to describe her."

"She'll eventually get tired."

"When is that? It seems that she'll take the grudge to her grave."

"I'm still hoping that one day she'll completely accept me." I convinced him, but it turned out like I was convincing myself.

"It's a hopeless case. If she wants to, she could have done it years ago. It will be a three-decade resentment soon, just how bad is that. It must feel so heavy in the chest. Why don't she get her life together and live in peace before she... you know what I mean."

I wasn't sure but that made me chuckle. Oh God... Gran would probably snap at me if she were here, knowing I found Jungkook's statement funny.

He beamed at me.

(A/N:)

not quite confident about this chapter, but i hope you liked it. thank you <33