Chapter Twenty, I see dead people

ALL THE CHAPTERS ARE TYPES UP AND ITS ONLY A FEW MINUTES UNTILL NEW YEARS! AHHH! IM PANICKING! WHAT IF I DON'T UPLOAD ALL OF EM IN TIME? ARRRGH! *Clears throught* Oh, um, yeah, heres chapter Twenty.

Chapter Twenty, I see dead people...

While Cerberus was staring at us as if anticipating what we'd taste like, I was desperately trying to think of a plan. Then I remembered my backpack I got from Waterland. I still had it, and it was stuffed with souvenirs. One of the souvenirs was a red rubber ball.

How would that help? Well, I remembered when I was little... littler anyway, and I still lived with my dad, stepmom, and stepsiblings. We had a Doberman dog. When my stepmom had bought him, he wasn't trained.

"Why did you buy a dog that's not even trained?" My dad asked my stepmom, completely red in the face.

They were in the kitchen with the little Doberman, and I was sitting the living room, pretending to watch TV, but instead was eavesdropping.

"I thought that Bobby and Matthew would like a dog." My stepmom said. She was talking about my two stepbrothers. "They need another source of entertainment around here. And it would get their minds of those monsters that girl keeps attracting." She added bitterly.

I winced but kept listening.

"Look at him!" My dad exclaimed. "What is he doing?"

I snuck a peek over and saw the dog raising his hind leg. I clapped my hands over my mouth and shook from silent laughter.

"That's repulsive!" My dad shouted. "We are not keeping him!"

"Please, Fredrick! If we put the dog in obedience school..."

My dad hesitated. "Fine."

My dad later told me that it would be my job to supervise the dog during obedience school because he and my stepmom were "too busy" to wait. I had no idea what he was even thinking! I was six!

"I'm only six." I reminded him.

He glared at me. "And now you'll finally be putting your brains to use."

He then proceeded to lecture me not to do anything stupid. I wasn't to leave, to misbehave, to attract attention, or to attract monsters. Like I did that on purpose!

Every Saturday, my dad drove the dog, which Bobby named Chocolate after his own love for chocolate, and me to obedience school. He dropped us off and checked in before speeding away.

Obedience school turned out to be entertaining. At first, everyone stared at me, wondering why a six year old was there, but they eventually warmed up to me.

I learned great techniques for training dogs at obedience school. Every time when we got home afterwards, I would help train Chocolate and enforce what he just learned.

Chocolate and I formed a great friendship. We got along excellently and we played together. I remembered Chocolate's favorite game: Fetch. But he was picky. He wouldn't fetch just anything. He only fetched brightly colored balls.

I was the only one who knew that. My stepbrothers threw sticks and told him to fetch, but he didn't go after them. He just sat there expectantly, and my stepbrothers stormed off, muttering, "Chocolate's no fun."

When I threw a ball, however, he bounded after it like crazy. He returned and excitedly dropped the drool-covered ball at my feet, his tail wagging like crazy. I picked it up and threw it again and again, never getting tired of playing with Chocolate.