II

macie rubbed her eyes. shit. school. she huffed, getting out of bed. the girl got washed and dressed, choosing to wear a white t-shirt underneath her floral, green, strapped dress.
she tied her shoes and packed her bag, getting ready to go.

"sweetie! are you hungry?" her mother's chirpy voice spoke from the kitchen. "no, mom! i'm gonna be late." she responded before closing the front door after her.

the girl happily trotted down the street. "hey, doll. ya need a ride?" belch huggin's voice spoke as she spotted the bright, blue, bowers car. macie ignored them and carried on. the car followed her slowly. "come on! we won't hurt you." victor cooed. macie just picked up the pace and ran for it, hiding behind an alleyway until the car passed by. once it had, she emerged from the alley and continued her trek, now in a bad mood.

"good evening, class," the teacher greeted. "i have developed a new seating plan for the year."
macie froze. of course, since fate wasn't on her side, she was going to put next to henry bowers. and she wasn't entirely wrong. macie got placed beside henry bowers, with the rest of the bowers gang behind her. she scoffed as she saw the grins and smirks from the boys as she sat down. this is going to be a long year.

macie pumped her leg, not paying attention. she thought she'd go visit her friend, elizebeth, who was homeschooled, after school. she had met elizebeth in town one day and they had gone to the fair together and become best friends ever since.

macie's thoughts were interrupted by a sharp kick on her chair. macie turned around in anger to see patrick hockstetter with his feet up on the back of her chair. she gave him the evil eye, not wanting to correct him and disturb the class. patrick ignored her and continued to kick her chair. she rolled her eyes and went back to pondering.

at the end of class, henry shoved her on the way out. macie ignored him, as she usually did and continued her day. she walked past the 'losers club' and caught their conversation. "eddie spaghetti! you know you're cute cute cute right?" the voice belonging to richie tozier spoke. "beep beep." eddie kaspbrak replied.

macie smiled when she heard that. not everyday you get to experience young love.
the girl wanted nothing more than that but instead was faced with the shitty boys at her school.

she bumped into someone and dropped her books. "oh my god! i'm so sorry!" the male voice spoke picking up her books. he handed them to her and studied her face. "hey! aren't you jax's sister?" he asked. macie nodded. "oh, cool. i'm liam, your brother was a senior while i was a junior last year. we got along great."
macie took a second to admire the boy's appearance. he had dark, shaggy hair and a sharp jawline. he was kind too. she giggled. "i'm macie." she said sticking out her hand. liam shook it and smiled warmly. "how's your brother?" he asked. "oh yeah, he's good. bringing home a girl every week." she chuckled.
liam chuckled and rolled his eyes. "pfft. he was always like that." he chuckled. liam looked at his watch. "oh shoot! i gotta go. nice talking to ya, mace!" he said before running down the hall. macie giggled and felt a blush rise on her cheeks.

she turned around to see none other than the bowers gang. "what? are you like stalking me now?" she remarked walking away. henry grabbed her shoulder, pulling her back. "who was that?" he growled. "why do you care?" she asked, rolling her eyes. "i don't." he spat. "fine."
"fine."
macie turned on her heel, leaving the boys chat and curse about the bold girl.

"they sound ridiculous.." elizebeth remarked. "yup. don't even know why they care." macie responded, gripping the mug of hot chocolate in her hands. then lizzie's younger brother, mike entered the room. "hey, mike!" macie greeted the young boy. "hello, macie." the boy smiled. "i'm just going over to grandad to help with the pigs." he informed his sister, before waving the two girls goodbye.

macie scratched her head. "oh yeah! i met this cute guy today called liam." she informed her best friend. "oooo~" elizebeth teased. macie rolled her eyes and continued. "yeah, he's friends with my brother." she added.
"ask him out!" liz implied. "what! no." macie exclaimed. "c'mon, don't be a bore."
macie scoffed. "i'll think about it."

macie walked home. she was contemplating whether or not if she should take lizzie's advice.
"shit." the harsh voice spoke. macie turned her head to see victor criss trying to close the car door. macie rolled her eyes and approached him. "hey! what are you-" the blonde boy was cut off by macie removing the shirt that was caught in the car. she then closed it successfully. "you're welcome." she uttered, before walking off. "wait!" vic said catching up with the girl. "listen, i'm sorry for being a dick and all, it's just henry and the guys-" "why do you even hang around with them?" she inquired. victor shrugged. "got nothing better to do." he admitted. "well, find some new friends. you're too good for them." the girl said before turning on her heal and walking off, leaving the boy to think.

macie entered the house and took off her shoes. "where have you been?" her mother asked sharply. "elizebeth's" she responded. her mother rolled her eyes. "ask me next time." she ordered. macie huffed and stomped upstairs.
the girl changed into her pyjamas and sat at her desk, drawing pictures. she sketched the boy from school today; liam. she was quite proud of the outcome. she had just about managed to get every detail and feature correctly drawn. tomorrow was saturday. she wouldn't have to see the bowers gang for another two days! or so she thought..