IV

monday morning. macie sat at her desk, fiddling with her pencil. she turned around. "can you stop kicking my fucking chair?" she spat at patrick. she turned back around, just to receive another kick on the chair. she raised her hand. "could i go to the bathroom, please?" she asked her teacher with a sense of anger and frustration. the teacher nodded hastily.

macie shuffled out of the classroom, embarrassed by the stares she raised from her peers. she went over to the sink and washed her face. "ugh! fuck it." she huffed. she pushed the school doors open and left. "fucking done with school." she muttered. "going so soon?" patrick's raspy voice spoke. "how did? how did you get-" she froze once she saw the frightening look patrick have her. a trigger shot off in her body, telling her to run.

she ran down the footpath, hearing patrick's footsteps. "get the fuck away from me!" she spat. "stop being a slut! i just wanna talk." he yelled. macie turned on her heal and put her hands on her hips. "what!?" she asked. "victor's not hanging with us anymore." he said through gritted teeth. oh shit. macie thought. okay, okay. just pretend you don't know anything about it. macie looked down at her feet. "..and?" she mumbled. "and it's your fault." he said harshly. "how is it my fucking fault? all you do is control the poor kid! you're not his friends, you're assholes!" she lashed out. patrick's face turned red with anger. "you don't know him as well as we do." he spat. macie froze. "and besides, next time don't talk back to me. you should be seen not heard." macie frowned. "that's how a conversation works, you prick." she retorted before turning away.

macie opened the front door. "hey mace, why are you home so early?" jaxon asked. macie felt hot tears run down her cheeks. "i'm sorry, i ditched." she admitted. jaxon gave her a sorrowful look. "i had a shit day, just don't tell mom." she whimpered. jaxon rolled his eyes. "fine. just go and shower, you stink." he remarked.

macie sat upstairs, reading her book. there was a tap at her window. she opened it to see victor criss. "what are you doing?" she asked the boy. "i'm sorry, i didn't wanna knock, your brother hates me." he responded. macie giggled. "i just wanted to say thank you." he mumbled. macie smiled warmly. "anytime."