spend the night

requested! by @traphouse2024

GATHERING YOUR THINGS in a haste, you picked up chips, water,  juice, and some other tasty treats

GATHERING YOUR THINGS in a haste, you picked up chips, water, juice, and some other tasty treats. Yelling a quick goodbye to your mother as you ran out the back of your house and to the dock that was just on the marsh.

Nearing the edge you heard hoots and hollers coming from the distance, turning your head to peer over you found John B, JJ, and Pope. A smile creased on your features as you swung your one free arm around happily.

As the boat neared, JJ stood and walked to the edge were you would step inside. Reaching his hand out for you to grab and preforming a bow "Madam." He spoke in a poor British accent.

You gracefully accepted it and stepped into the boat,

"Thank you mister Maybank."

You spoke with a just as bad accent and walked to your claimed seat on the boat, JJ still connected to your hand, followed aswell.

Setting your little space up, JJ would sit down beside you and wrap an arm around your waist, tugging you closer to him as you leaned your head up against his shoulder.

This position has always been common for the both of you but recently it began to have a deeper meaning to you and possibly JJ.

You've been recently paying attention to the way JJ attempted to fix his hair whenever you approached him, the clothes he wore that fit him like they were made only for the blonde boy, and lastly how he looked at Kiara.

Although you knew they were just close friends, it still made a burning feeling in your chest whenever you caught JJ staring at her.

As that said, you made it Kiara's as she walked down the dock holding a cooler full of items about who knows what.

"Hey Kie."

"Hey Y/N/N"

Turning your head a fraction you gazed up at JJ's face who had his eyes on Kiara for a moment, before looking down at you. A grin formed on his face and he'd kiss your forehead, wrapping both arms around your waist and pulling you closer to him.

"J— J stop, oh my god"

You began to laugh and planted your hands on his chest and pushed back, your eyes locking with JJ's as he searched yours longingly.

Butterfly's filled your stomach, but the moment was short lived as you broke the contact and leant back into JJ's chest, his arms remained suited around you comfortably.

The day was filled with long laughs and unspoken glances as you neared back to your dock, standing up and gathering all of your trash.

"Hey Y/N I got the trash."

John B spoke up as he looked back at you struggling to hold all of it, you gave him a smile and nodded your head thankfully.

You gazed down at JJ and took his hand, giving it a squeeze. About to drop it before he grabbed it tighter and lifted your hand to his lips as he gave your knuckles a soft kiss.

You stated at him as you felt your breath hitch into your throat.

"See you tomorrow J.

Giving him a warm smile you stepped away from him and gave Pope a high-five on the way out, stepping into your dock and waving to them as they left.

Waking up to your house you found her mom out for her late night job at the bar at figure eight.

"Hey mom."

"Hi sweetie, fun day today?"

"Yup."

You gave her a small smile and raced to your room, climbing into your bed and turning your nightstand light off. Pulling the covers over you and falling into a rest filled night after the fun day.

Not even an hour went by when you heard the loud bangs of your front door and your dog barking loudly as he clawed at the door.

Shoving the covers off you stood up and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a knife and going to the front door.

"Down boy."

You hushed to your dog as you gripped the doorknob and twisted it slightly, then pulling it open in a swift movement and putting your knife up to attack.

"Who the fuck— JJ?"

Whispering the last part you lowered your knife and pushed your dog away with your leg and stepped out the house, shutting the door behind you.

"J..."

You spoke softly as your eyes trailed around his body, his lip had a cut that was dried with blood, his shirt was dirty with soot and splotches of someone's blood, probably his.

Gently, you placed your hands on his arms and gazed up at him. Tears were brimming at his eyes and he had tear stains down his cheeks of were dirt last was.

He moved your arms away and covered his face with his dirtied hands.

"I almost killed him.."

He spoke in a hushed whisper as his shoulders began to shake, a frown forming on your face as you felt tears come up but you knew you had to be the strong one.

Gently you grabbed his hands and moved them away, placing your hands on his cheeks and rubbing away the new tears.

"You wouldn't have killed him J, you know it."

You attempted to give him a smile as he shook his head and wrapped his arms around your waist, his head falling to your shoulder as he tightened his grip on you.

"This was different.. Y/N, I.."

He stopped himself before he'd sob and you reached your arms up and around his neck, playing with the ends of his hair in attempts of soothing him.

"You can spend the night... please JJ."

He didn't move or speak for a moment before he gave a nod and you pulled away from the hug, grabbing his hand and leading him inside.

You got to your bedroom and stepped inside, gesturing your bed to him and gazing over your shoulder at him.

"You get the bed, I get it every night."

A smile grew on your features as you watched him. He shook his head.

"I know i'm upset right now but, sharing the bed is always an option."

You paused and contemplated this.

"Fine but if my mom finds you inside my bed she'll freak."

You laughed and climbed into your bed, he switched off the lights and got into the other side.

Under the covers JJ reached out and gently took your hand, playing with your fingers.

"Thank you.. so much."

He whispered as you could make out the outline of his face in the dark. You grinned at him and placed a hand onto his cheek, wiping the dirt away.

"Always J, I know you'd do the same for me."

He gave a small smile as he nodded in agreement, though he couldn't but imagine if she only thought to him as just a best friend.

"Goodnight JJ.."

You whispered as you turned around in your bed, your back to him as he watched you. Slowly he raised his arm and snaked it around your waist, pulling you up against his chest.

A laugh echoed in the room and you shut your eyes.

"Night Y/N."

He gave a kiss on the cheek and you soon both fell into a sleep.