i think i love you

requested! by @ggraceoliverr

YOU WOKE IN Rafes arms when the sunlight agitated your eyes too much, you felt down to his arm that was loosely hung over your waist and gazed cover your shoulder to his face

Slowly turning to face his face you raised your hand and placed it into his cheek, your eyes scanned his face in deep thought, not even noticing the smile plastered onto your face.

You, determined to let him sleep in but, had just woken up and was already bored. You kissed his lips softly as he stirred a bit, his eyes squinting.

He peeked one eye open at you and gave a sluggish grin, his arm tightened around you and he'd kiss your cheek.

"Come on lazy boy."

You slapped his cheek lightly from where you had left your hand and gently pushed away his arm around your waist. Standing up and walking to your wardrobe.

Pulling out an easy outfit of jeans and a shirt you took your things into the bathroom as Rafe sat in the bed, groaning till he finally stood up and dressed himself with his prior clothes.

You left the bathroom and turned to Rafe who was just fixing up his hair. Raising your hand you messed up his hair with a laugh.

"It looks better like that! now come on."

He rolled his eyes a bit and took your hand, walking down your steps and into your living room. Rafe and you waved your parents off as you neared his bike.

Taking your hand again he guided you to the bike and got on after you, already having the helmet on as you waited for the rev of the engine.

For the day you and Rafe had gotten ice cream, pushed each other around playfully, ran along the beach, and ate from your favorite restaurant.

Getting back onto his bike after the long day, it was dark and the stars illuminated the sky.

He starts the bike up and sets forwards back to your house, before bearing to the left as you let out a yell and gripped him harder.

"Rafe— the fuck?"

His laugh was loud as he zoomed down the small trail.

"You'll see Y/N"

He pulled over to a patch of grass beside the beach and took your hand, helping you off his bike. Guiding you towards a small area with a blanket and various snacks.

"What is this Rafe?"

You gazed up at him as he took you over, a small smile prominent on his face. Taking a seat on the blanket he pat the spot beside him lightly, shortly sitting down after him.

"Just, something nice for you."

He spoke in a soft tone as he gazed at you, a gentle laugh broke from you and you laid back on the blanket, grabbing the sleeve of his shirt and pulling him down with you.

"You always take your girlfriends here?"

You asked in a playful tone as you turned your body to face his, your one hand already reached out and playing with his messy hair from the wind on his bike.

"Nope, just you."

He gazed over at you and reached past you, grabbing a special 'juice' as JJ would call it. Giving it to you he got another for himself and raised his can.

"To... kook lovers"

He spoke as you thought for a moment.

"Just lovers."

You finished with a laugh as he nodded in agreement, clinking your cans together and opening them, taking a sip.

Setting the can down on the blanket you slowly got ontop of Rafe and rested on his chest. Putting your hands together like a pillow and resting your chin on them as you looked back into his eyes.

He set his own can down and sat up a bit, his one hand pushing away your hair and cupping your face lightly. Shutting your eyes you felt the kiss and began to smile, moving your arms to around his neck.

"Y/N"

You heard him speak between your small kisses and leaned your head back to stare at him.

"Yes, Rafe?"

He had paused, he looked incredibly anxious and worried for what your reply might be.

"I think I love you."

His face held nervousness as you searched his eyes, shutting your eyes and leaned into another gentle kiss.

"I've known for a long time."

He looked puzzled as you said this.  "Known what?"

"That I love you"

You spoke gently as his eyes brightened, his hands went around your waist.

He pulled himself and you up off the floor, beginning to turn in a circle as you gripped his shoulders tightly, both of you laughing.

"Come on Rafe— it's not like we're getting married."

"Not yet."

He winked down at you. You shook your head with a smile as he set you down onto the ground. You Reached your hand to behind his neck and pulled him down a bit, giving him another lovely kiss.