Chapter 4 - Dreams Do Come True, Kind Of

"What the-" I say as I realize that I'm on the floor. I try to get up but I fail. I look around the room. From what I saw, my best guess was while I was looking around the room, something fell on my head. Of course I don't have the real answer to that yet. Alice was behind me, picking me up from what could have been my death. Since I felt so weak, Alice had to carry me to the nearest couch so that I could lay on it. "What happened..?" I asked. "The elevator fe- I mean, malfunctioned, and I guess it shook the entire studio. My guess is, there was a loose board that fell on you while I was outside."

    I was still pretty confused. Why did the elevator malfunction then? Did something happen to it? Was someone inside? Alice was being very vague on the details, leaving me curious. But I didn't ask, pain was spreading throughout my body and making me feel even more weak. "Are you alright?" She asked me. "Yeah, I think so.." I replied. "Don't worry me like that.." I hear her whisper. She sat across from me, constantly asking if I needed anything. I kept reassuring her that I was fine, but she still seemed concerned.

    A few minutes later, I was able to actually move, but I had to withstand pain. When I told her that, she immediately told me to sit back down, but this time, she sat next to me. That's when I remembered that dream I had while I was knocked out. 'All that was just a dream? Speaking to Henry was a dream too? God, I wonder how long Alice was worried for, if I even heard her correctly earlier..' I thought to myself. Then I remembered the very last part.

  A few minutes later I was feeling better and the other Alice gave me some bacon soup, in case I had fainted from hunger but I felt fine before the soup. "Feeling any better?" she asked, sitting next to me again. "Yeah, thank you" I say, giving her a small smile. She smiles back and she moves closer to me. I don't think she noticed she moved but I sure did.

  We sat there in an awkward silence for at least ten minutes before she turned her head to look at me. "Yeah..?" I say, looking at her, curious of what she's going to say next. She leans her head towards me. "Alice..?" I mumble. Was my dream coming to life? "Don't pull away" She says before pressing her lips to mine. I pulled away almost immediately because of how shocked I was. "Sorry.. I'm not attracted to girls.." I say to her, saying one of the biggest lies I have ever said in my life. I did like her, a lot for only knowing her for a short amount of time, but I couldn't be in a relationship until I saved Henry, then, maybe then, I could tell Alice my true feelings. But right now my main priority is to save Henry.

  It was now a few hours later, Henry had found me and was currently trying to cover my wounds with bandages. How I got these wounds you may ask? Alice was so furious with the fact I had lead her on only for me to claim I didn't like females that she started to hit me. I don't think I deserved it, yeah if she would've yelled at me I would've understood but I'm in such pain I can barely move. Now I'm scared that if we would've truly gotten together if she would've ever hit me. If I do manage to rescue Henry I don't think I'd go to her, just in fear of the domestic violence. This is only a distraction.. I have to start thinking of a plan to save Henry from this hell on Earth.