Chapter 5 - Time Wounds All Heels

{Author's note (From Ink): This chapter goes back in time from before the events of the Ink Illness, the time period is also known as AH (After Henry, the acronym just makes it better- [Also this is when the Ink Machine was created, but in its very early stages. {All the way back to when Ink Bendy was first created}]). Also expect this chapter to be really descriptive.}

{Author's Note (From Mel): Ink did most of this chapter, I didn't really have any ideas for what to do in this chapter so they did most of it, when they got stuck I helped but it was very few times so credits to them for this amazing chapter!}

[3rd Person POV]

  It was another hot day at the studio, and everyone is trying to meet another deadline for the next cartoon. The ceiling fans were practically just pushing the air around instead of cooling it down. You could literally hear a pin drop. But instead of pins, it was the sound of pages being flipped, the sound of pens on paper, and the sound of the banging pipes along with the creaking of the floor boards.

   That was the Animation and Story departments. But down at the Music Department, all you could hear were instruments, voice actors, sound effects, and the sound of the projector rolling the last cartoon that the Art Department made.

  Susie Campbell would be voicing Alice Angel, and her co-worker, and her girlfriend at the time, Allison Pendle, who voiced side characters since Susie got promoted to voicing a main character. Allison did mind that, she minded it a lot. She never said anything and tried to seem happy for her girlfriend, which she was, but she was more jealous than she was happy.

  Allison still believed she deserved the job as voicing Alice more than Susie but she let it be and put on a happy persona for all of her co-workers and especially for Susie.

  "So how's voice acting the Alice Angel going?" Allison asks in a sarcastic tone. Susie didn't notice since she was already mentally exhausted from reading her lines. "Like usual. Sammy brings in the lines, I memorize them, talk them into the microphone, synchronize them to the cartoon.." Susie responds, yawning at the end of her sentence.

  "Here, have some of my water. It'll help your throat, and I want you to stay hydrated!" Allison comments, actually helping and not being sarcastic. "Thanks," Susie replies, as she starts drinking some of Allison's water. "So what's the next character?" Susie asks. "Remember the chickens?" Susie nods. "They're back." Allison answers as they both start laughing. "The dancing chickens were really boring to voice honestly." Susie says, smiling cheekily at Allison. "Yeah they are boring.." Allison mutters, now growing angry that she was stuck with having to voice them now. "You alright?" Susie asks, noticing Allison's facial expression. "Yeah.." Allison responds. "I know when you're lying. What's wrong?" Susie asks once again. "It's nothing." Allison replies again. "I don't like it when people lie to me." Susie replies, starting to get angry. Allison starts getting concerned for her safety, knowing that when Susie gets angry, she gets angry. If she tells the truth, Susie will get mad. If she doesn't, Susie will still get mad. She got herself in a situation that she couldn't get out of.

  "I'm jealous, there! Happy? That's the truth." Allison says, glaring daggers at Susie.

  "Jealous? I thought you were happy for me!" Susie replies angrily. "I was and am, Susie. I just think that I would be just as good a voice for Alice Angel as you are." Allison replies. "So you think you would be better than me." Susie asks, half-heartedly. "Kind of..." Allison replies.

  By the time Allison had finished speaking, Susie was already hitting her. Nearby, studio handyman Wally Franks heard their argument and then heard the sound of fists on flesh and came to help. Sammy was walking out of the recording room when Wally was trying to hold Susie back and Sammy was trying to protect Allison, but she was already too weak and had collapsed. Susie stopped immediately, her expression filled with shock. She hadn't realized what she was doing until it was too late.

  Because of that, Allison was promoted to voicing Alice Angel, but because of one reason and one reason only. Susie had been demoted to the side characters once again since the studio was low on staff. Allison was scared of Susie after the fight, and Susie was scared of what she did to Allison and didn't want to hurt her again, so they broke up and went their separate ways.