Chapter 12

The day unfortunately went by rather slowly. You could not wait for the last period so that you could see him and give him a sign or tell him that you wanted to be with him, after having talked with Sam and him having told you everything.

But, of course, luck was not with you this day because once the last period came instead of Dean walking in it was Ric, having come to tell you that you were not going to have a lesson with Dean because he was absent. You sighed, looking down at your books.

"So much for wanting to see him..." you mumbled.

~*~ Time skip ~*~

You let out a long sigh closing yet another book, finding it impossible to concentrate on homework or anything else for that matter. The only thing on your mind was him. You wanted to see him but of course you had no such luck because even though you had left the window open, his was completely closed and nobody seemed to be inside.

Your trail of thoughts was soon broken by the bell ringing and it made you frowned.

Who would come at - you looked at the clock - 7:30 pm in the afternoon?

"(Y/n) come on, our guests are here" your father's voice was heard from the other side of the door.

You got up from your chair and opening the door, you made your way out of your room and down the stairs.

"Guests? What guests are you-" you started but trailed off as soon as you reached the end of the stairs and looked at the door see the person you wanted to see the most. 

Of course. How could you have forgotten? Whenever Lisa was here and not away shooting some movie, your father would invite her, Dean and Sam for dinner. Usually on Fridays.

"Hello Kieran" Lisa said handing your father a bottle of wine and breaking yours and Dean's gaze.

"Hello Lisa, welcome back" your father smiled at her "Please come in" he motioned for her and Dean to come in.

"Where is Sam? I thought he would come with you" you father said giving you the wine and you placed it on the table.

"Uh he, he was not feeling alright. Said he would not be able to make it" Dean answered and then Lisa noticed you.

"Oh (y/n), hello" she smiled at you, giving you a small hug.

"Hey Lisa" you gave her a small smile and glanced at Dean, who immediately avoided eye contact.

"Please take a seat" your father said and you all sat on the couches at the living room.

And so the conversation began. 

Your father talking with Lisa and occasionally with Dean, who did not really seem in the mood to talk. Proving that what Sam had told you about his bad state was true. He was not ok and it was obvious. So then that meant that what he had told you before that, about Dean truly loving you, was... true. You were so focused on your thoughts that you had not realized that you were staring at him. Luckily neither your father nor Lisa seemed to notice, however Dean, who was not participating in the conversation, turned to look at you; locking eyes. And for a moment you could swear that you saw pain written in them and could see him pleading for you to do something. You broke eye contact and looked, frowning, down at your hands. 

You wanted to do something. You needed to do something. But what? What could you do so that-

"And what about the sweet young lady here?" Lisa's voice broke your trail of thoughts.

You looked up at her, frowning "Yes?" 

"Why do you seem so deep in thoughts tonight?" she asked with a smirk.

You opened your mouth, glancing at Dean for a second, and taking a breath you spoke "I'm- Just thinking some things" you smiled; shrugging.

"Some things or somebody?" she smirked more and Dean seemed to stiffen at that.

"I-I" you tried to explain though you ended up stuttering and she cut you off.

"Because I saw you being really close with a cute guy today at school, when I came to take some papers Dean needed" she smiled at you and you sighed in relief, glad that she knew nothing about you and Dean, though you saw Dean doing the exact opposite. His gaze seemed to harden, his eyes getting more dark, his jaw and hands clenching.

Was he jealous?

"I-I... Kol and I were just talking. We- we are just... friends" you ended up mumbling, not seeming believable even in the least bit, glancing at your father's direction for a while.

"Really?" Lisa looked at your father too "Oh, ok then. We'll talk about this later" she winked at you and Dean seemed to stiffen even more, lips pursed and eyes narrowed at you.

Your father cleared his throat "Yeah, you should talk about this later." he said "After we talk about it." he gave you a look and you looked down at your hands.

"Anyway" your father chuckled, putting a hand over yours; showing how supportive he was of whatever you did. Fact that you were more than happy about. He got up and continued speaking "How about we get to the table, I think it's high time we ate" he smiled.

You all got up and made your way to the dining room and the big table set in the middle of it. Your father in the middle, you on the left and Dean and Lisa on the right of your father and opposite you. Your father took hold of the wine bottle and before you could sit he told you to go bring the salad and the large baking pan with the baked potatoes and meat.

"Ok" you said and said after taking the extra set of plates, meant for Sam who did not come "Could you help me?" you asked turning to look at Dean.

He all but was stunned, eyebrows raised in almost-shock, but he tried to brush it off "Me?" he asked pointing to himself.

You nodded "Yes, the baking pan is heavy for me and we could not leave our guests alone" you said and turned to give Lisa a smile.

"O-ok" Dean said and clearing his throat he followed you towards the kitchen, closing the door behind his as you both entered. Completely off site for Lisa and your father.

Your father managed to open the bottle of wine. He filled a glass for himself, Dean's glass following suit, filing yours a little bit and then turning to fill Lisa's.

"Oh no, no Kieran I'm not drinking tonight" she put a hand to stop him, giving him a polite smile.

"Oh how come?" Kieran asked a little bit astonished.

"You'll see" she smiled "But for now, I'l just have water. That's all" she said and Kieran put the bottle of wine down.

"Alright then" he smiled, and looking at the table he saw that there was no bottle of water there "I'll go bring you some" he said and was about to make his way to the kitchen.

But Lisa stopped him "No, Kieran it's ok. I'll go take it myself, I know the place very well after all" she smiled.

~ Meanwhile in the kitchen ~

Dean cleared his throat, not daring to make eye contact, and came to take the baking pan from your hands, on the counter. But as soon as he grabbed it you put a hand on his, making him stop.

He looked at you but you just kept looking down at the food "You didn't come today at school" you mumbled.

Dean let out a small sigh "I was not feeling ok" he murmured and tried to take the pan but you stopped him once again.

"I wanted to see you" you looked up at him "Talk to you" you mumbled, your faces inches apart.

His eyes scanned your face for a while and swallowing the lump in his throat Dean took a deep breath, trying not to let his hopes get up.

"A-about wh-what?" he asked, his voice breaking. Wishing and fearing that you'd say what he thought you would.

"Us" you mumbled and Dean inhaled sharply.

You looked down at your feet "I... I talked with Sam" you looked up at him again "He told me everything"

Dean started breathing heavily, trying to keep the tears from rolling down his cheeks. You could not be saying such a thing now. Not now.

He opened his mouth to speak but you beat him at it "And... and I believe him. I believe what he told me... what you told him. And even if anything happened... it's ok. It's ok because all I want is to be with you. Because I love you, more than anything and cannot live without you... I can't..." you ended up mumbling and Dean could not utter a word.

He had so many things to say. He wanted to. He needed to. Because he needed you. Like he needed the air in his lungs. He could not live without you either. He did not want live without you...

... but people do things that they do not want, too.

"Please... say something" you said in a whisper-y and weak voice, and looked up at him with your big (e/c) eyes, biting your lip and trying to keep the tears from rolling. In vain though, since some tears had started running down your cheeks already.

"I-I" no words could form. No words to explain. No words but four small ones "I love you too" he said and a sob escaped your throat, you almost chocking on your tears.

"I love you too, baby girl. More than anything and I cannot live without you either... I can't..." he mumbled and without hesitating for a second he cupped your face and closed the remaining distance between you, crashing his lips to yours. The tears stopped rolling down your cheeks and you brought your hands up to his neck, kissing him back with all your love, grabbing him by the hem of his shirt and pulling him closer.

You kept kissing him with as much passion as possible, ignoring your lungs protesting for air. You did not care. You did not care about anything else but him. And you could not think about anything else but his lips on yours, kissing you like there was no tomorrow, and his hands bringing you as close as possible. And you would have continues if it wasn't for...

... a glass breaking.

Wait what?

You both immediately pulled away, eyes wide, and turned to look at the kitchen island from where one of the glasses had fallen. And now it lay down into small broken pieces.

You looked at it and then back at each other.

"It must have been on the edge of the table and fell off" you said trying to find a possible explanation.

"But the door?" Dean asked looking at the slightly open door. 

"You... may have not closed it properly and we just did not notice it" you said trying once again to find an explanation for it. 

Anything but the possibility of someone having come in and saw you. And that someone being your father or Lisa.

Dean nodded hesitantly, trying to believe that that was the case, and then turned to look at you "We should get going" he mumbled, looking from your eyes to your lips and back at your eyes.

You gave a small nod "Yes, yes we should" you said in a low voice, and after leaning up to give him a final small kiss, you pulled away quickly, grabbed the salad and turned to walk out of the kitchen. 

It took Dean a few moments to follow you, eyes closed for a few seconds, trying to savior the feeling of your lips on his. The feeling of your kiss. The feeling he would definitely miss.

After taking a deep breath he made his grabbed the pan and followed you to the dining room, setting it in the middle of the room next to the salad. Taking a seat next to Lisa and opposite you, as you did the same.

"So" Lisa started and both you and your father looked at her, as she put a hand on Dean's "Before we start dinner I would like to make an announcement. Kieran, (y/n), you know that both of you are like a family to Dean and I. No, you are family. And, although I would like Sam to be here so that he could hear what I have to say, I'm either way saying it to you..." she took in a deep breath, looking for a moment at Dean who was frowning and expecting her announcement "... Dean and I..." she took in another deep breath.

"... are expecting a baby. I'm pregnant" she finished smiling.