[13+/GKD] Polar Opposites

Fandom : Fate/Zero

Something about participating in a sort of ancient war made Kotori oddly giddy. Anything to help out her family's name! There weren't many servant classes left, really only berserker, lancer, and caster were left for summoning.

She was informed by her family to try for the lancer class, so that's what she was going to do. She inhaled deeply as she held out her hand toward the summoning circle, and began to say the spell.

Kotori's stomach turned with anxiety as she continued to say the spell - fearful that she may screw it up and summon satan, or something. Soon enough [which felt like far too long], the spell was done and a strong gust of wind pushed through the room and knocked Kotori off her feet. See, this is why you should've firmly planted your feet on the ground. Use your brain for once. Dummy.

Upon impact with the cold concrete of her basement, she closed her eyes tightly and put her hand at her sides to hopefully alleviate the pain to her tailbone. 'Cause falling on your butt onto concrete hurts.

The smoke cleared and revealed two, tall men. One with golden blonde hair basically flat against his head and he was... basically shirtless. His piercing red eyes stared at Kotori, causing her to shrink back.

The other one had black hair which was completely slicked back; save for a long strand which dangled in front of his face. He had amber-colored eyes that also stared at her. Oh. Shit. She scooted back and stood up.

"Caster class servant, Gilgamesh. Demigod and King of Uruk. You are lucky to have summoned me." Caster crossed his arms as he narrowed his eyes at her. Oh. He was one of those guys. Awesome.

"Lancer class servant, Diarmuid ua Duibhne, my only wish is to serve you. I will be your sword and shield." Lancer put his hand over his heart and kneeled to Kotori.

"Pl-please stand up!" Kotori stammered as she blushed a bit. Lancer hesitantly nodded his head and obliged with her request. Wait the name Diarmuid sounded familiar... hmm.

Oh.

Kotori squeaked, "I'm so sorry give me a minute!" She said before bolting out of the room.

Gilgamesh rose a brow with a huff and Diarmuid simply tilted his head.

Kotori, you absolute idiot child.

The two servants stood there dumbfounded for a few minutes - though it was less visible on Gilgamesh's face than it was on Diarmuid's.

The two continued to make small talk. Well... as much as Diarmuid could push out of Gilgamesh. Because he's too Holier-than-thou for small talk. Really the only words exchanged were, "I see you're summoned as a Caster this time." ... "Yes. What of it?" ... "Nothing. Just a simple observation." Yeah. It was a very awkward and short conversation.

Kotori returned about ten minutes later. She had left quickly to prevent being caught under his spell - she used that time to put herself under a protection spell to prevent that from ever happening. Well. For as long as she could, at least.

This was the first time she had cast a spell like this so she wasn't exactly sure of her limits on the spell especially when she accidentally summoned two servants and has to anchor them to their physical forms at almost all times. That, plus the fact that it takes a certain amount of mana for them to materialize and maintain the physical form of their weapons... the magic resistance spell is just the cherry on top. It almost made her head spin, how much mana she would be using throughout the duration of the war.

Her mana pool already wasn't the best, but it also wasn't the worst. Though, the main thing on Kotori's mind was how in the actual hell she managed to summon two servants without passing out where she stood, and how they maintained their physical forms to begin with. How troubling.

"Hi there! I'm Kotori Ezerins. Somehow I managed to summon the both of you, so... I guess I'm the master of the both of you?" Kotori said, immediately regretting her choice of wording. I mean, it's not like she's talking to ancient heroes or anything. No, no. Not at all. Never. Not at all possible. Impossible, in fact. Because, if she was, she would have chosen a more professional or... mature way to word that.

"I wasn't exactly... uh... prepared, so I quickly left to go ... do that." Kotori laughed a bit and rubbed the back of her neck.

Gilgamesh merely scoffed. "What an incompetent fool." He said.

Kotori laughed a bit more and gently bonked herself on the side of the head, "Yeah, sounds about right." She said before turning around and calmly walking out of the room. "Please follow me, I should give you a proper tour of the house."

Gilgamesh initially declined the offer with the notion that he was above a house tour. So, he stuck behind until he started wandering around and bumped into Kotori and Diarmuid.

Kotori grinned, "Ready for that tour now?" She asked somewhat teasingly, to which Gilgamesh scoffed and replied with a simple, "Whatever." Wow. Good job, Gilgamesh. We love you.

Kotori let out a soft chuckle and continued on with the tour, going over the few areas that Gilgamesh wasn't there for a second time so he could know pretty much every nook and cranny.

"You have quite some nerve to be so friendly with me, being the lowly mongrel you are." Gilgamesh snarled at her, but... the insult totally went over Kotori's head.

"I'd suggest not insulting the mistress." Diarmuid warned him. That... did not go over Kotori's head.

The brunette's face slowly turned pink before shaking her head, "Please d-don't call me mistress! Just Kotori is fine!" She stuttered as she waved her hands.

"But you're our master, aren't you?" Diarmuid rose a brow, not understanding why she wouldn't accept being called mistress since, after all... that's what she was. How odd!

"Y-Yeah, but if you wanna call me something just Kotori is fine! Or Miss Kotori if you're feeling fancy!" Kotori, sweetie. He's always feeling fancy.

"If you wish, Miss Kotori." Diarmuid said with a short exhale.

"Much better." Kotori said. She didn't really tell Gilgamesh what he could and couldn't call her since it was pretty obvious he wasn't gonna call her master or mistress or whatever. He, more than likely, would call her by her last name, Ezerins. Or mongrel. Or cur. Or fool. Something along those lines. Kotori having a big brain moment.

It was kinda funny to her. The three of them were complete polar opposites. Gilgamesh, the egoistic, high-and-mighty king-slash-demigod. Diarmuid, the earnest and obedient servant. Then there's Kotori, the fun-loving idiot child.

[A/N : might write a part two because this was!! a lot of fun to write. anyway. hope you enjoyed! p.s.: not all my one shots will be this long lmfao]