match up - chap 2

The first set began with Kageyama doing a powerful jump serve which was hard to receive but Nekoma lived up to the rumours they were so agile with reflexes like a cat. The score was close but Nekoma always had a one or two point lead. The freak quick attack came which left them stunned. At once they all did a synchronised attack which left Asahi for a back row attack storming past the defenders. Sneakily later Kenma tricked Tsukki into going the wrong way causing an opportunity for a setter dump. Soon it was match point for the first set for Nekoma. Tanaka went for a spike but immediately got shut down by Kuroo causing them to win the first set.

I was frustrated but I encouraged the team and picked up on Nekoma's weak spots helping them get an upper hand. Kuroo texted me during the break

Kuroo
Did you like what you saw there ;) I'll pick you up after school next friday

Kaori
It's not over yet douche and trust me you won't be ready for what's next ;)

Kuroo
The sweet and all innocent Kaori flirting with me? I would have never guessed...

Kaori
Not that way ugh. Remember my side of the bet, your going down skunkhead!!

Kuroo
Where'd you get that new name from bubbles?

Kaori
Because your hair looks like a skunk😂 also bubbles?

Skunk-Head🤧
Because it brought us together obviously! Your dumbass managed to slip on them which lead to you meeting me, how lucky💁‍♀️

Kaori
Whatever get your head back in the game it's starting soon

I smiled silly at my phone whilst Kiyoko laughed at me whilst passing by. I could heard Kuroo's team talking about him and teasing him for being so happy about his phone. I swear to god if he tells them it's me I might just die of embarrassment. Before the game started again I came out with a strategy to help beat them. And it might just work.

Everyone got back into position and started the second set. Suga has switched in from Kageyama to set Nekoma off with different tosses.

'You did really good and just wait we're going to win this set!' I said trying to encourage Kageyama who didn't want to be benched.

'T-thanks' he said whilst going red. I wonder why he was so awkward he seemed pretty confident when talking to his friends but I don't know. I'm probably just over thinking it. Karasuno easily took the second set without even going full out due to the technique. I was extremely proud of themselves and their morale came back.

'Thankyou so much Kaori!' Tanaka exclaimed 'We've got the momentum we can do this now'

'Awe thanks Tanaka-senpai you did great, Noya your saves were insane and Suga you did such a good job tricking them and-' I was interrupted by my phone constantly buzzing

'Sorry I'll go get that' I said whilst the team looked proud and their pride had been regained and with them all looking flushed.

Skunk-head🤧
Your a pretty good leader, and observant but don't worry our date will still be on bubbles, you can't ignore it!! :)

Kaori
Yeah yeah, we'll see

Skunk-head🤧
Also you need to reply to my texts quickly smh I only have a short break :(

Kaori
Instead of helping my team. Yeah no sorry skunk see you on the court 😗✌️

Skunk-head🤧
Stop being ironic before I go up to you right now and-

Kaori
Good-bye skunk hope you get thrashed on the court ;)

Skunk-head🤧
Personally I'd like to thrash other things against something else-

Kaori
Ew stop good bye💀

The third set began and things heated up quickly. Most of Nekoma's spikes were saved by Daichi and Noya but we couldn't land that many. They improved their defence in a matter of seconds. That was quite impressive 'scheming captain' I laughed as he grinned and always kept his cool during the matches. It was neck and neck until Hinata landed a surprising feint causing the score to go to a deuce. Quickly after Kuroo blocked Asahi again getting them the point right back. After what seemed like forever stuck on that point Kageyama attempted a quick setter dump which backfired causing Kenma to quickly pass to the spiker. In unison Noya, Daichi and Tanaka dived to retrieve the ball but it already hit the ground. The score went up and Nekoma had won. Karasuno looked defeated whilst I got a notification.

Skunk-head🤧
See you on Friday, goodbye bubbles see you soon😚

Kaori
See you then I guess...

I went to go comfort my team whilst Kageyama seemed down. Hinata went and confronted him which ended in the two arguing 'You did the best you could, we couldn't do more but don't worry guys we'll get them next time' Daichi said. He was always inspirational, I learnt how to be a leader from him and he is like a big brother to me who I look up to a lot.

As we walked back to the bus Hinata asked if I could help him with his recieves and Kageyama with his sets as he wanted to be able to adjust to new players and not focus on one. I agreed and we scheduled it for Wednesday so it would clash with my singing time. Yeah that was my big dream in the future if I didn't go into a professional volleyball or swimming or maybe become a doctor. It depends really I still have a long time to figure it out though. Competitive cheer ends at 21 I think so there's no point pursuing it out of highschool. On Mondays and Tuesdays I have volleyball practices, Wednesday I help out with the boys. Cheerleading is alternate weeks Friday/Thursday in the morning or night. The weekend is for swim practice. I made sure to check this week and I was clear. I texted Kuroo to pick me up from school at 5 this Friday. I couldn't wait. Even though I knew he was technically an enemy it would be rude to refuse a gesture from a nice man right?

Suga came up to me and asked about what happened 'So are you and Kuroo like going out or something' he asked inquisitively

Ugh did Kiyoko really tell him - it doesn't matter to be honest anyway he knew about it first

'Yeah actually we're going out after school today' I replied

'Congrats girl go get your mans' he said supportively waving and meeting with Asahi. He really is like a mum and Dadchi like a dad. See what I did there hehe. Sugamama and Dadchi!

I headed to the recording studio to carry on writing my new song as I FaceTimed the twins. Rania and Indigo became my bestfriends when I travelled to Poland 5 years back. They were my best critiques and I miss them like crazy but we always stay and touch and FaceTime every week so they can listen to my new song parts. That's actually how we first met. When we were 10 we started a little band after they noticed me singing to myself. After that we formed an unbreakable bond. I also play piano and formerly violin so I brought out my new composition to match with my lyrics. I wrote about love and trashy stuff like that but I don't know sometimes it just comes to me.

I started singing softly the piano in rhythm eventually increasing the tempo and speed going into a high note which I ended gradually as the song became more powerful. I went for it all and didn't even notice my little fan club outside and streaming it on their iPhones and uploading it online. I truely do love singing and playing the piano it's one of my favourite things to do apart from sports and always calms me. Kiyoko doesn't tell many people but she plays piano too and she's a little better than me but I will catch her up. Soon after the fan club left after an intimidating 6'2 middle blocker cleared the way watching her in awe.

'THAT WAS AMAZING OH MY GOD IM CRYING LITERAL TEARS YOUR SO TALENTED WHAT THE-' Indigo and Rania said in unison. I laughed whilst they praised me too much. I really don't deserve such supportive friends. We said our goodbyes whilst I heard clapping in the background with my favourite skunk smirking at me.

'You have a beautiful voice, I must say I'm impressed, Kuroo said 'Top of your year, you can sing,dance and act, and your the ace of your sports teams huh? Your really a triple threat aren't you'

I laughed whilst I packed up my stuff as he slung his arm around me and kissed the top of my forehead. He revealed his new lock screen a picture of me going for it whilst playing the piano. He smiled playfully as me as we headed out of the building.