drift away - chap 4

little note! If you don't watch/or want to read the free! section just skip until the bit after Kou and her leave the coffee shop - thankyou for reading💖

I woke up to the bing of countless notifications on my Instagram. I simply looked at the lock screen and threw my phone to the side. Swim practice started at 7 and it was already 6:30 so I better hurry. I quickly got on my sleek black costume and put some sweats on top and grabbed my bag. I had 15 minutes so I made some toast, quickly ate and brought up some for Kiyoko as I grabbed my keys and left. Thankfully my bag was already packed last night as I got a text from Rin (hehe 'Free!' crossover coming soon)

I trained on the boys team as I had already surpassed any of the girls team times in the prefecture and I wasn't going to travel, yet. I pulled up outside to see Rin and Sousuke arguing again. I hadn't seen Sousuke in ages so obviously I went to go give him a hug. He looked surprised but the realised it was me and ruffled my hair.

'How have you grown so much already I swear I saw you like a month ago' he exclaimed realising you stood at 5'7.

'Yeah I think you mistook that for 2 years but anyway are you training here for your final year?' I asked excitedly. He taught me how to do butterfly as I could never get it right many years ago and we bonded then and had been in touch since.

'Yeah actually I-' he started to speak but was interrupted by Rin

'I'm here aswell' he pouted as you gave him a side hug.

'Short stub don't be rude I've not seen him in forever' he laughed as we caught up in the changing rooms.

After I put my stuff away in a locker a silver haired blue eyed boy and a small energetic redhead came up to me.

'Nice to meet you! The only pretty girl we see here is Kou, I'm going to ask her out by the way I'm Momo!' he extended his hand out and started shaking it frantically.

Rin glared at him and dragged him away from me. The silver boy haired looked up at me his face flushing as he quickly scurried away. Sousuke simply laughed as we headed into the pool. I heard a lot of wolf whistles. I was pretty much used to it at this point so it didn't bother me anyway but it still made me kinda uncomfortable.

'Guys cut it out' Rin interrupted

'Sorry Captain' they said in unison their heads hanging low. 'Captain eh?' I walked up to him nudging

'Yeah' he smiled proudly. Just before I was about to practice my 200m free a Iwatobi Swim Club came. They didn't tell me about it but anyway me and Kou always did a slow motion OTT run to each other every time we meet just because why not lol.

'Kaori! I haven't seen you in a whole week we need to meet up!' she said grasping my hand jumping up and down. Before I could say hi to Haru, Makoto, Nagisa and Rei she dragged me back into the locker room making sure no one was around us.

'Who's that hottie you posted on your story last night?' She asked 'Spill all the deets. ALL OF THEM' I laughed as I explained the whole situation

'Who knew volleyball players had such nice muscles' she fawned over them

'You can accompany to a match if you really want to Kou' I suggested in which she look star struck.
'Anyway I have to practice but after this promise me you'll come for a coffee and we can talk properly'