Prologue

A long time ago one perfect baby girl was born to a maiden whose name was Amelia Starr. The beautiful maiden named her perfect baby girl Crylline and the other child in her possession was adopted and was called Amize. Amize had beautiful white hair and piercing blue eyes.  Crylline has glamorous black hair with fiery red eyes. They could not be more different from their mother who was blond and had hazel eyes that complemented her pale complexion. She was a beautiful maiden who married the charming King Aiko. Aiko had perished in a war 3 months before. The war was between two worlds the World of Light and the World of Night.  The two worlds never got along the King of Night and the Queen of Light were brother and sister but were raised in different ways. Jin and Amelia were both young at one point and they were even friends. But over time jealousy and greed took over Jin and he drifted from his sister to the dark side. Amelia in her teenage years got accepted into White Rose Academy, while Jin got accepted into Black Rose Academy.

"Jin! Amelia! Your letters came in the mail today!" Their mother called from the front room of their small and simple cottage. They lived in the middle of nowhere and did not get letters often.

    "Coming mother!" Amelia shouted as she ran down the stairs seeing Jin down the stairs by his mother in a receding cloud of smoke around him.

    'Why can he teleport already and I can't even lift anything with magic.' Amelia said to herself with a sad expression on her face as the thought occurred.

    "Your school letters came back!" Their mother excitedly announced as she handed them their letters. Amelia a white letter with a rose on the front and Jin a Black letter with a rose on the front.

    "I'm going to White Rose academy!" Amelia shouted in excitement to her mother.

    ". . ." Jin hadn't said anything once he opened the letter. He only walked upstairs and started packing.

The academies were created for different purposes White Rose was for the pure and honest while Black Rose was for the special assortment of students. White Rose was in the World of Light where Jin and Amelia were born and Black Rose was in the World of Night. The only problem was the world of Night was on the other side of the universe. Jin was special in many ways he could do advanced sorcery while his sister was still learning basic spells. Amelia always envied him and always was trying so hard to become better than him in anything, but to no avail. They were always in worlds of their own their mother found it hard to take care of two very different children. Their mother had many struggles with the father being gone to work in the mines they were not very rich and barely had any food on the table. She was always worried she would not be able to provide for the children's schooling and be the cause of a barricade in their own advancement. Their mother was a maid for the King and Queen of Light.

"I'm sorry Amelia we can't afford  any more books." Her mother said with a sigh.

    "It's alright mother I can live without it." She said with a smile.

    "What did I do to deserve you." She said pulling Amelia into an embrace. Meanwhile, Jin stole an apple and some bread for dinner.

The King and Queen had a son who went by the name of Aiko. He and Amelia would always be in the study hall reading and studying about the advancements in technology and read about the night lights which were the people of a colony of when the World of Night and World of Light were one nation. He was her only company when her brother was away in the Black Rose Academy. Since the separation, Amelia and Jin have been on opposite sides of the universe and opposite sides of the war. The separation banned any Light World people to interact with Night World people. This was made true by making a wall only rulers can pass only to talk to other royalty. This barricade was put up because of contention between the two people. This caused rioting and war between the two nations.

Years passed and Amelia married the Prince Akio (who became King years later) and became Princess (soon to be Queen.) Jin heard this news and was so infuriated that he overthrew the Kingdom of Night and took the crown by force.  This happened on the same day Amelia had her baby girl. Jin was still not content. He went over to the LIght World by using his powerful sorcery to break the wall and went to take back what he lost. He traveled to the house of Amelia Starr and stole Amize and took her away to the Night World.

"What are you doing?!" Amelia screamed at Jin holding Crylline close to her chest while swatting at Jin with her open hand. Amize was sound asleep as Jin responded in a shout.

"Taking back what was rightfully mine." With that, he disappeared into a mist of smoke leaving Amelia and Crylline lost with the loss of her daughter and her sister.