Crylline

Fast breathing gasping breath leaving my lungs like a waterfall after a stream. I ran down the wheat field with my best friend Moriza. She is the only friend I have known ever since my mom started distancing herself from everyone since my birthday which is weird because I was born that day shouldn't she be happy? Anyway, my name is Crylline and I was born as an only child in the Light World from my mother Amelia and my deceased father Akio. He died in the war last year from the Night Worlds king in the war. The Night World people are forbidden to speak about and we can never cross the border to the other side. Because of the separation many years ago. But that's in the past so let's not worry about that.

"Crylline what's the hold-up!" Moriza screamed as she ran down the field way ahead of me.

"Coming " I yelled back breathless from all the running. Only to be stopped by someone grabbing my hand and as the sky turned dark she hugged me and the only thing I saw was beautiful long pink hair and cat ears. I heard her murmur something under her breath before she was gone. I was confused and felt the empty hole inside of me open again.

"Who was that?" I asked myself under my breath.

"CRYLLINE ARE YOU COMING!!" Moriza called out again.

"Yeah, I'm coming!!" I yelled back.

'No more random things that's the third time this week who is the girl I'm seeing?' She thought for a moment and Moriza's call pulls me back into reality. I run to catch up with her.

"Hey, Moriza can I ask you something?" I said when I caught up to her.

"Yeah sure, what is it?" She said breathless from all the running.

"Do you know any girl with pink long hair and cat ears like mine?" Crylline asked as she plopped on the ground.

"You mean the princess of the Night World?" Moriza asked sitting on the ground next to me.

"Yeah, could you tell em about her?"

"Well, we're not supposed to be talking about the Night World."

"Please."

"Fine." She paused.

"Her name is Amize and she is the daughter of Jin he fearless leader of the Night World. She has beautiful pink hair with cat ears and has glorious blue eyes."

"Where did you hear this?"

"I read about her in the forbidden section of the library I can give you the book meet me at the bridge at dusk." She said getting up.

"Alright, I will be there," I said joining her to walk back.

"What made you so interested in Amize?" She paused before adding. "If you don't mind me asking?"

"You know those hallucinations I have been having I think they have been of her," I said scratching my neck.

"And May I ask what she was doing. Was she torturing you?!" She said with a gasp.

"She just hugged me and walked away," I said absentmindedly.

"WHAT?!" She gasped. "SHE HUGGED YOU!"

"Yeah is that a problem," I asked concerned.

"Not meaning to shame you but do you have a crush." She asked while nudging me.

"Well you know I'm bisexual so yeah kinda, but only a little.." I said a little weirded out by her behavior.

"Alright, you're still my best friend you know." She paused. " The last one to the castle is a rotten capsule!!" She yelled.

"You're so on!!" I yelled back as we ran down the trail to the castle.

Hours later it was time to meet at the bridge I went there only to be stopped by Amize. She was in a tattered dress and was in chains.

"I miss you Crylline." She whispered so clearly in my ear.

"Amize why do I see you," I answered her.

"Cause I gave you my mark before I left." She said touching the birthmark behind her ear.

"What mark? what is going on?" I asked.

"I have to go come help me." She said hugging me tightly before she disappeared into the mist.

"What?" I asked confused. I looked over to Moriza and she looked like she saw a ghost.

"Did you see that?"

"See what?"

"Amize!" She screamed at me. Voice trembling from fright.

"You see her too?"

"Yeah, holy shards so you haven't been hallucinating she was actually here."

"Holy shards man this is crazy," I responded.

"MORZIA!!" Her mom screamed.

"I have to go, here's this." She handed me the book and ran off to her house.

"Huh, The Night World a short history. Well, let's see who this Amize is anyway." I asked myself as I walked through the field to the castle as the sunset.