The First Day

August 29, 2020  12:07 A.M.        

          The first day somewhere new is often challenging even for someone who's excited.  But when you're not, that day just got a whole lot more difficult.  I guess now is as good a time ever to introduce myself to the newbies here. Hi. My name's Kasey for those of you who don't already know. Ugh that sounds awkward. Whatever. Guys, I'm moving into my dorm room at Springston University tomorrow morning and of course, being the nervous wreck I am, this is how I'm coping. Per usual. 

          Tomorrow is going to be the actual worst day of my life. Not only do I have to live in the dorms, but I'm sharing it, with three other girls, that I've never met. Let's just hope they don't ask too many questions. 

          Anywho, I'll keep you guys posted, expect and update tomorrow night at the latest. Well I guess tonight, it's after midnight.

          From An Anti-Social Blogger, please with me luck. 

Kasey hit the post button on her blog page and closed her laptop, planning to check the reactions when she gets up. She turned off her purple light lamp and closed her eyes

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kasey's alarm went off and her dad came barging into her room, "Who's ready for move in day!"

"Not it." Kasey groaned, smacking her alarm clock with her palm to make it shut up.

"Oh come on Kay! Maybe it's finally time for you to branch out and meet some new people!"

"What if I don't want new people?"

"Then it's time to come downstairs and have pancakes with your dad one last time before his baby girl leaves the nest." 

Kasey just groaned, but threw off the covers anyway. The cold air hit her bare skin in every place that wasn't covered by the baby blue short shorts and white tank top she sleeps in. She hissed and threw on the grey pullover hoodie that was hanging from the chair by her empty desk.  

Her room was empty, stark, and white. All that was left were some boxes she was taking of clothes, pictures, and essentials. That and a pair of clothes for moving day. 

She walked out of the room and down the hall towards the kitchen. She'd lived here since she was a little girl and couldn't believe she had to leave to stay in a college dorm when the school is only a thirty minute drive from the house. Why did her dad have to make here leave when she could easily just drive her car to school every day? 

Kasey made it into the kitchen where the smell of pancakes, sausage, bacon, and eggs filled her nose, "Dad you didn't have to do all this, you just made a lot of dishes for you to do when you get back."

"Oh nonsense, I did this because I love you. Now eat up, you have to eat and be dressed in half an hour so we can start loading up the car." Her dad smiled but his eyes were glazed over. He can't stand to see me leave. It's been even worse since mom left. 

"Okay dad, thank you. Come eat with me. Can't let all this delicious food go to waste after all!" Kasey smiled, trying to delay the inevitable, me having to pack up my stuff and move in somewhere else. 

Kasey's POV from now on

After breakfast, I went to my room and threw on the clothes I had picked out the night before.  When I back out to find dad I was clad in some black leggings, grey running shoes, and a mint green tank top to complement my red hair. But before I went to get him, I threw my hair up in a quick ponytail and looked in the mirror, making sure I didn't look too approachable. For the extra touch, I decided to take out my contacts and I put my glasses back on instead. I can see much better with them on instead of the contacts anyways.

I came out of the bathroom to find my dad already trying to pack my car with my boxes. 

"Dad, what're you doing! You're going to hurt your back!" I said, running over to the car.

"If I didn't start you'd be late. How about instead of yelling at me, you help with the rest, yeah?"

I nodded and went inside to grab two of the boxes, the last two, and brought them out to the car, leaving dad so he could go inside to get his keys. I shoved the boxes in the front seat of my car, the last place they would've fit, and closed the door and then the trunk. 

Dad had come back outside and asked if I was ready to go, "Ready as I'll ever be I guess."

"That's the spirit!" he said, patting me on the back, "Alder Hall, right sweetie?"

"Yep." I sighed.

"See you there!" he shouted from his car,  opening the driver's side door and climbing in the car. 

I got into my car as well and turned the key. I buckled up and drove away, making sure my dad was following behind me through my rear-view mirror. The Back In Black album CD by ACDC played on through the speakers as I drove. My favorite album by them. 

The parking lot on the part of campus that I needed to be in was already packed. Packed, at ten A.M. Ridiculous. I parked on the side of the sidewalk next to Alder Hall and got out of my car, leaning against it while waiting for dad to park his car.

When my dad approached my car we walked up to find my room.

"Room 512, should be fifth floor, right?" I asked my dad, questioning what button I should press on the elevator.

"Uhhh, yeah, should be. Figured we'd find out or that you'd already know, I guess." he replied.

I pressed the button for the fifth floor and on our way up, we collected probably ten more people in the cramped elevator from other floors. When the doors finally opened to the fifth floor, my dad and I had to squeeze our way out to get to the floor before the elevator doors closed again. 

Sure enough, a number in the five hundreds, did mean you're on the fifth floor. And if you're early after that, that means your room is closer to the elevator. But of course, with my luck, my room was right in the middle of the hall meaning we'd have to drag all my shit halfway down the hall. But on the bright side, it was close to the bathrooms.

Most of the doors on the floor were open, which is to be expected, but with open doors, there are also way too many people. As me and my dad approached my room, I soon noticed it was the only door that was closed. Yep. This is it. Room 512. 

Sorry for the short first chapter guys! This is my first book on this app but I'm also working on my personal novel. Updates should be every other day at least, but I'll try to post a chapter                                                           everyday! Signing off for now, MagiSky17!

Also, after I write it, I don't edit. I write and I post, so if there's problems with grammar, please                               don't correct me in the comments, there's bound to be mistakes!