I Have Fans

'Dear Readers, 

I'm here with my new girlfriend in the West Dining Hall. I'm in a pastel pink crop top and she's in a purple and green flannel and a snapback. I'm a girl by the way, for anyone who didn't catch that. Come find us, we'll be waiting. 

As Always, From An Anti-Social Blogger To You.'

I hit post and Sara's phone chimed. 

"Thought you'd have turn that off by now. You're practically leaning over my shoulder." I joked.

"Well what about when I'm not here?"

"Well, I guess that makes sense. But don't make it sound like I need you because I don't. I've been fine on my own for eighteen and a half years. We're together now because you're good company and I'm lonely. But I don't NEED you."

"Not yet," she joked, "What about when you get sick?"

"I will make myself some cold soup, sit in bed, and call it a day. Wouldn't want you getting sick anyhow."

"Yeah yeah, okay. You win." Sara chuckled and I laid my head against her shoulder.

The clock struck 5:15 as we walked into the DIning Hall and people were all over us immediately, and with more flooding in through the doors. I knew I had fans, but I didn't think they were all going to be this crazy when I revealed my location. Remind me not to post my schedule.

I held onto Sara as she pulled me through the crowd of people. Questions were flying at us from every direction and too fast for me to process. My thoughts were quickly taken over by guilt from ignoring my fans. 

"Okay, enough!" I yelled at the top of my lungs to make sure everyone could hear me, "You will all get in one line. One organized line!" And they did. They listen to me like children listen to the radio at Christmastime.

I sat at the nearest table to where I was already standing, grabbed Sara's hand under the table, and looked up to the first person in line.

The first person in line was no more than fifteen years old. He stuttered over his words and I sent him away with an autograph and a personalized message inside his journal and another signature on his Anti-Social Blogger t-shirt that someone had messaged me asking for permission to make years ago. I looked at the line when he left and it seemed almost everyone in it had a t-shirt or something else for me to sign.

I sighed before smiling up at the next person. It went on like that for another four and half hours. My hand was cramped, and you could see the boredom in Sara's eyes, but I quite enjoyed seeing my fans. By the time the Dining Hall closed at ten PM, there were only a few people left in line. I asked them to step outside with me.

"Excuse me, can we have your phone number?" they asked practically in unison once we got outside.

"Yeah sure." I said, sighing, knowing they wouldn't leave unless I gave it to them. I typed in my number and signed their shirts and sent them on their way.

Sara was sitting on the ground, leaning against the buildings exterior.

"I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to eat. Do you want to go pick something up and have something hot instead of cold sandwiches with soggy lettuce back in the dorm?"

"Kasey, you just handled over a thousand rabid fans perfectly. With all those walls you say you have, if you could do that, you get to choose what we do for dinner. More like a midnight snack, but dinner."

"Okay," I said, smiling into a yawn, "Get up." I held out my hand to Sara and she took it, pulling herself up.  

I took her to a little diner that I knew about back in my town about half an hour away. She fell asleep on the car ride there so I picked her up and carried her inside. 'There's just something about her.' I thought.

The interior was a shiny dark blue with white accents and the booth cushions were nice and soft. I set Sara down in the booth and let her lean on my shoulder before I woke her up.

She opened her eyes sleepily, confused, "How did I get in here?" she asked.

"I carried you in, and then I ordered us each a tuna melt and fries."

Sara looked at me wide eyed, "You're strong."

"Thank you. I did seven years of softball as something to do after my parents divorced."

"That'd explain it." she joked, "I look rough on the outside but can't lift more than fifty pounds. I reckon you're the opposite. You look nice and innocent on the outside, but you could lift a me. Am I'm- actually no, not gonna say it."

Sara and I took the stairs up to our dorm no matter how much I protested. Her argument was she needed to get her steps up before midnight.

We walked in the dorm with our hands intertwined to see Elysia and Adalyne just staring at us. I guess they noticed the rainbow flag above the window. Or maybe they had a problem with my purple everything.

"You guys are gay too?" Adalyne asked after a long period of silence.

Sara looked at me as if asking for permission.

"Yes," I said, "we are. Are you guys as well?"

"I'm asexual lesbian." Adalyne said.

"I'm pan." Elysia said after.

"Holy shit," Sara chimed in, "we might as well put another flag over the outside of our door." she suggested.

"Yeah, may as well." Adalyne concurred, chuckling.

"Well, I'm gonna turn in for the night." I said, "Might sleep on my rug though, the bed's kinda high."

"Yeah, me too," Sara said, "You don't mind, do you?"

"Actually, I'll be fine in my bed." I replied, feeling bad after seeing the disappointment in her face. I picked up some clothes, grabbed my book, reading light, a pen, and an extra notebook off the table, and crawled up the ladder into bed.

A bit later after I had changed, I turned on my reading light because Elysia turned out the room light and took a page out of my notebook as quietly as possible. 

On the page, I wrote, 'I'm sorry for bailing, I'm just not ready. You can't see my stuffed animals. -Kasey' then I put a heart after my name. Soon, the paper became a paper airplane and I sent it sailing towards Sara. I tossed her the pen as well, so she could answer if she wanted to. She turned on her phone light and read it, wrote something, and folded it back up, sending it back to me along with the pen.

'It's okay, we go at your pace. Get some rest. I want to see those stuffies though -Sarabelle' and she left a heart as well, a heart and her phone number. I opened up my phone and typed in the number.

'Hey. It's me.' I typed.

'Hey. Get some rest. You're tired. I know you are.'

'Yeah yeah, g'night, sweet dreams, sleep well.'

'All that 2 u 2.'

Sara closed out of her phone and rolled over so she was facing the wall. I closed my phone, plugged it in, and turned so I was facing her.

"Goodnight Sara." I whispered, making sure the other girls wouldn't hear me.

"Goodnight Kasey." she said back a little louder, I'm pretty sure Adalyne and Elysia could hear her. 

Goodnight. 

I curled up in my blankets and soon fell asleep with my purple stuffed bunny in my grasp.

Enjoy this fluffy update of Kasey Conquers The World! I'll be posting another chapter tomorrow!

After I write, I don't edit. I write and I post, so if there's problems with grammar, please don't correct me in the comments, there's bound to be mistakes!

Signing off for now! ~ MagiSky17