001 - Late Night

"Eclipse!" I whistle out to my dog who barks in response. Her voice echoes in the air and in no time, she runs from around the corner and brushes her tail against my leg. I grin, crouching down to pet her. Her fur is soft after having a shower yesterday.

Another day of Detroit. Cases of Androids going off the rails are getting higher. I don't like going after androids, and Hank surely doesn't like them either. I feel sorry for him. Only I know the reason. He hasn't told anybody else, after all.

There's also a bit of my story that hasn't been told. The reason I don't want to love another person or say I don't have time for it is because the first and previous boyfriend I had, was abusive. And I'm trying to live my life as far as I can before I fall into a hole. Hank managed to convince me to get a restraining order against the ex. But that did it's time when he broke the law against the order and tried to kidnap me. Therefore going to jail.

Nobody knows that, not even Hank. All he knows is he went to jail for something dumb.

"Eclipse, you can stay in the car while I go to the bar with Hank for a little bit, okay?" I say softly as I drive. It's a chilly night and Eclipse is wearing an oversized sweater, not one made for her because it would squish her fur. She also has a soft silky blanket that she takes with her everywhere. She's adorable.

Winter's coming after all.

She seems content and warm anyway, and barks in agreement. Eclipse pants happily, smiling as she can. "Good. I won't be too long." I tell her. She barks again, smiling.

Usually, in the summer, I wind down the window and if the car if warm in any season, it'll be down a little bit. I get out of the car and lock it. Noticing Eclipse is already snuggling against her blanket in the backseat.

"You got here earlier than me." A voice says as a car pops up.

"Mr. Anderson." I chuckle. I call him that in a slightly funny way. He smiles softly as he gets out of the car and slamming the door. "Hi, kid. Listen. I'm just gonna drink and watch the sports today, I don't mind what you do."

"Okay, cool. You can join me at pool if you want." I suppose. "No, but I'll keep an eye on you in case any boys come try anything." There's a pool table in Jimmy's bar so sometimes I play that. Sometimes Hank tries to beat me. Sometimes I let him.

We head into the bar and I wave at Jimmy who politely waves back.

"Glass o' whiskey please!"

"Since when did you drink Whiskey?" Hank asks.

"Awe. Girls can drink whiskey too." I say in a childish voice. He chuckles, shaking his head. "I didn't say you couldn't."

"Oh, and just a glass of water too."

Jimmy gets me a small glass of Whiskey and a big glass of water, and I proceed over to the pool table. A couple of hours go by, and a couple of men have tried to play pool against me which I beat them. I know Hank is secretly keeping his eye on the two men in the process but I can also take care of myself. It's almost midnight as I hear footsteps behind me.

"What the fuck?"

"Dude, not cool."

"What's the matter, boys?" I grin. "Couldn't beat me?"