007 - Rooftop

After the amusement park, Connor went to go off to DPD and I spent the time with Eclipse watching movies.

Today, it's starting to snow more than ever. Winter is coming and winter is coming strong.

"What do you want to do today, Eclipse?" I ask her. She barks at me and puts her front paws on the window sill.

She wants to play in the snow. But there isn't exactly anybody to play in the snow with. Christmas is also coming up in the meantime and the only one I ever spend Christmas with is Hank.

"How about I put on some tv while I make breakfast then we'll see?" I wink. She barks happily.

We still have a tree to set up but I want to set that up sometime in December. It's still November. I celebrate on December First.

I turn on the tv and it's a cartoon for a little bit which Eclipse sits down in front of. I chuckle, starting to make pancakes.

I wonder how Connor is...God, I can't stop thinking about him. After the kiss with him...I just can't stop thinking about him...Connor...

"We interrupt our scheduled programming to bring you these images."

Eclipse barks which catches me off guard and I turn to look at the tv. It's the news!

I turn the stove off and sit beside Eclipse who seems confused why her tv show is not on.

"Which have just been broadcast on Detroit's citywide news channel."

That looked like Marcus' face! What the hell?

"Skip this, tv! Rewind back to citywide news channel!"

The tv channel changes and supposedly winds back. Me and Eclipse watch intently as an android with retracted skin, showing a white metallic face is facing the screen.

Markus?

"You created machines in your own image to serve you. You made them intelligent and obedient, with no free will of their own."

This is Markus' voice! Oh my God! What has he been through, didn't Izana say he's the leader of Jericho?

"But...something changed. And we opened our eyes. We are no longer machines. We are a new intelligent species. And the time has come for you to accept who we really are. Therefore we ask that you grant us the rights that we're entitled to."

Markus asks for a following amount of rights which is reasonable to me, but not so much everyone else.

Equal rights, end of slavery, end of segregation, civil rights, right to property. Including dignity, hopes, and rights. They plan to make peace for humans and androids.

"Eclipse...you know what this means?"

She cocks her head confused. "We're going to the Stratford Tower. We're gonna get a case for it in an hour or two just you wait. But most importantly..."

I put my hand out and she places her paw on top. "I want you to be careful. These deviants aren't bad people so I'm going to ask you to come with me everywhere we go from now on. This action of the deviants is changing the world and I can't do anything without my best friend."