003 - Chase

It's the next day. The sun is shining and the flowers are blooming.

I sip a cup of coffee as I sit by my office chair. There's three desks here. One empty and two, owned by me and Hank. I smile as Eclipse slowly spins on the empty chair of Hank's desk. Slowly. Spinning. In circles.

"You're a dork."

"I wuv wuu!"

"Detective Manfred."

"Connor?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Is this desk taken?" He asks pointing to the empty one. I shake my head. "Never has, but feel free to use it."

He smiles softly and sits down on the chair. "I have got some good news."

"Oh yeah?" I ask curiously. "Fill me Con-Con."

He furrows his eyebrows confused for a moment. "Con...Con?"

"Yep. It's a nickname." I say. "In fact, I'm gonna call you that sometimes." Pointing to the air thoughtfully.

"Oh." He says. His eyes lock onto mine and I slowly feel my heart speeding up. I cough, looking away. He's just a robot, chill... "So, the news?" I ask.

"Oh. Yeah. I'm officially going to be working with you and Lt. Anderson on deviant cases."

yay.

"Oh, that's nice." I smile at him. "Take a seat over there, I'm sure Hank will be here soon."

Eclipse cocks her head to the side and I chuckle. "Stay on the seat if you must."

"I like dogs." Connor speaks up.

"What's your dog's name?"

"Eclipse." I say. "That's why I've been saying Eclipse."

"Oh. I see." Connor nods, slightly awkward. "There can be a solar, or luna Eclipse which is rumored to happen some point around the end of this year."

"I've never seen one before." I hum curiously. "That'll be interesting."

Eclipse yips which I laugh. "Maybe."

I see the man himself enter the building and I give a quick whistle so Eclipse hops off the chair.

"Speak of the devil, he's here."

Hank sits down in his chair and she sits by me as her tail curls around my ankle. "Morning, Hank." I grin.

"HANK! In my office!" Captain Fowler shouts. Oh boy.

Hank rolls his eyes and I give him a soft smile. "I won't be too long."

"I took a look at your desk." Connor says while Hank leaves, peering over slightly. "You like Panic! At The Disco? Melanie Martinez? And the other musicians you listen to? They're really good. It's a mix of, diversity, energy, and pop."

"You listen to music?" I ask confused. When did he even take a look at my desk? What?

"I don't really listen to music as such. But I'd like to."