The Spark of Something New...

How long has it been....?

In the streets of Royal Woods, a young Lincoln Loud sits in a random alleyway, wrapped in a large, bloodied cloak he found on the streets. This served a source of warm, as well as the only article of clothing he has left, aside from some old bandages for his hands and feet. He quietly thinks to himself, counting every single day that has passed since the last time he....ever had a roof over his head.

Can barely even think straight anymore.....Haven't had anything to eat in so long.....

As Lincoln tries to keep himself warm in the freezing night, his mind continues to play back a certain memory, one he could never forget...

I thought family cared for one another.....I thought...we....were.....

He could not finish his thoughts as the nighttime air encompasses him, causing the young Loud to lose consciousness. As Lincoln lays motionless, a lone shadow is casted over him before an unfamiliar silhouette drags Lincoln by his shoulder and into the night.

(McBride Residence...)

Once at the intended destination, the silhouette gently puts down Lincoln's unconscious body onto the doormat before a beast like paw presses onto the doorbell to get attention from the residents inside.

???: "Be there in just a second!"

Knowing that they don't have much time, the silhouette looks back to Lincoln before running off into the streets, practically vanishing into the darkness. After a few seconds, the front door opens up, revealing one Harold McBride, one of the fathers of Lincoln's best friend Clyde. He looks around to see who rang the doorbell, until he looked down to find Lincoln on the ground. Frantically, he picked him up in his arms before looking back to the others occupants in the house.

Harold: "Howard! Clyde! Call an ambulance!"

(1 Week Later......)

Lincoln stirs in his sleep before waking up in shock, finding himself in a hospital room. He tries to sit up from his bed, only to flinch as he feels pain in his stomach. Taking a deep breath, he tries to get a feel of his surroundings.

Lincoln: "Is this....a hospital....? How did I.....?"

???: "Lincoln! You're awake!"

Lincoln looks over to door to see who that voice belonged to, that being Maria Santiago, Ronnie Ann's mother. She sees him in pain and quickly went up to his bed. She lays him back down on the bed to help relax a little.

Maria: "It's alright Lincoln, just take it easy."

Lincoln: "Mrs. Santiago....how did I get here? Last I remember, I was in an alleyway before knocking out..."

Maria: "Well you have your friend, Clyde and his parents to thank for that. If they hadn't found you and called us...I'd rather no think about it...."

Lincoln was shocked to find out that Clyde found him, thinking he was too far in the city to be found so easily. Although he couldn't remember much from that night, he does remember a certain silhouette that may have played a part in it. Deciding to think on that later, he looks back to Maria to ask a few things.

Lincoln: "Mrs. Santiago, how long have I been out?"

Maria: "Please, just call Maria while we're here. And to answer that, you've been unconscious for a week now."

Lincoln: "I've been out for a whole week huh?"

Maria: "Compared to how long you've been gone, I wouldn't worry about it."