Burning Tension! A New Rivalry Blooms!

(Disclaimer: I own nothing)

Chandler: "So, you're not from around here, huh?"

The three trainers walk down the busy streets of Lumiose City, passing by a few cafes, as they talk more about themselves.

Chrome: "Yeah, I came to Kalos just a few days ago and started my journey from there."

Tom: "No wonder, you look the type who'd probably get lost after a few minutes here!"

Chrome: "I doubt you two've been around here longer than I have...."

Chandler: "We've actually been traveling Kalos for a few weeks now. Though, Tom here's been more into getting badges."

Tom: "Gotta make sure I get my spot in that League Tournament roster!"

Chrome: "League Tournament? What's that?"

Chandler: "The Pokémon League Tournament's where trainers in the region who've earned at least 8 Gym Badges gather and compete for the chance to go head to head with the Region's Elite Four."

Tom: "And the trainer who manages to beat all four of them, gets to challenge the Champion!"

Chrome: "Seriously!? So say if I get 8 badges, I can participate too?"

Tom: "Don't go getting ideas in your head, rookie. You've still got ways to go before you can even THINK of participating!"

Chandler: "Well there's still a good number of slots open and not a lot of trainers are taking on the gyms this year. So I wouldn't count him out yet Tom."

Tom: "Tch, whatever."

As Chrome glares at the blonde trainer slightly, they find themselves in front of the Professor's laboratory. Past the front door, they find the main lobby empty, aside from a few staff members passing by, and try splitting up. Chrome finds himself in a research lab filled with unique stones, a few resembling the stone Sycamore was given to by Diantha albeit with vastly different colors than the black and blue one. Before he could pick one up, he overhears chatter in a deeper part of the lab.

Walking deeper into the lab, finding more unique stones being analyzed by staff members, until he finds the Professor conducting research. As Sycamore focuses on his computer, a rather tall man with fiery orange hair, almost resembling a lion's mane, in a black business suit with a fur collar, stands beside him as they discuss about it.

 As Sycamore focuses on his computer, a rather tall man with fiery orange hair, almost resembling a lion's mane, in a black business suit with a fur collar, stands beside him as they discuss about it

Sycamore: "If we run the numbers correctly, your Pyroar should be compatible."

???: "Perhaps, but one cannot be certain..."

Chrome: "Um, Professor Sycamore...?"

Said Professor looks up from his monitor, surprised to see the young teen in his lab so soon. This also catches the attention of the other man as Augustine gets up from his desk to greet the trainer.