Path of Flowers, Path of Battles

Disclaimer: I need to come up with better Chapter names.....-__-

(Route 4)

Chrome: "Alright, it shouldn't be long now."

Where we left off, Chrome and his partner Charmander, Drago, are on their way to Santalune City, where their first gym battle awaits. Currently, they tread through Route 4, also known as Parterre Way, as Chrome looks at his Pokedex to make sure they were going the right way.

Chrome: "Says here that it should be a straight path to Santalune. Though, we don't have anything for a place to stay..."

Chrome ponders what to do, unsure about where to sleep or what to do about food. When suddenly, a wild ladybug-like Pokémon swoops out of the tall grass nearby and tries to attack them. Chrome and Drago dodge out of the way as the ladybug hovers in the air above them, giving Chrome to test out the Pokedex's function.

Chrome: "Ok, let's see what we've got here.."

Pokedex: "Ledyba, the Five Star Pokémon. When the weather turns cold, lots of Ledyba gather from everywhere to cluster and keep each other warm----It is timid and clusters together with others. The fluid secreted by its feet indicates its location."

Chrome notices that his Pokédex sparked and stuttered at the first part as static had shown on it's screen for a moment. Believing this to be one of the 'glitches' the professor warned him about, Chrome puts away his Pokédex and gets ready to battle. The wild Ledyba swoops in for another attack on Drago, but he jumps back to dodge again.

Chrome: "Ok Drago, ready? wait until it gets close enough and use Scratch!"

Drago waits for the right moment, allowing the Ledyba to swoop in one last time, before going in to strike with glowing claws. the attack connects as the wild Pokémon skids on the ground, having been damaged, before getting up and using a Tackle right in Drago's abdomen. The wild Ledyba swiftly flies up and latches onto a nearby tree, getting ready for another attack.

Chrome: "Drago, same as before! Wait for it to get close, and strike with all you've got!"

Drago nods at his trainer's orders, having his small claws glow white and waiting for his opponent. The Ledyba charges up white energy into its body before launching itself at Drago in full force. In a split second the two Pokémon strike each other, Drago getting tackled hard in his stomach as he managed to get a good Scratch on Ledyba. The wild Pokémon pushes the little Charmander back as it kneels to the ground, having been badly damaged at this point. Chrome sees this as an opportunity and takes one of the ten Pokéballs from his pocket and presses the button to make full-sized.

Chrome throws the ball at the weakened Ledyba, hitting the target on its back, causing ball to open up and turning the Pokémon into red energy. The Pokéball closes shut as the energy was sucked in, landing on the ground and starts to shake three times before a small 'Ding' is heard, signifying a successful capture.

Chrome: "Sweet! Nice work, Drago."

Chrome comes up to his partner, but notices the weakened state Drago is in. The fire starter was panting slightly in exhaustion, with bruises on his abdomen.

Chrome: "Drago, you're hurt! Let's get you patched up somewhere."

Drago shakes his head at this, trying to say that he can still fight. Doubtful of this, Chrome takes out his Pokédex for one other function: monitoring his current team's health and stats. He looks at Drago's health, showing it was a rather low state, not exactly in the red but was still dangerously close. The same could be said of his newly caught Ledyba. Although, he also noticed that Drago had a good amount of Experience from the battle, making him a Level 7.