c h . 2

__________________________

Dohui fluttered her eyes open, greeted by a bright light that blinded her for just a few seconds, flinching in pain when she shot her arms up to block her face from the source. Once everything was clear she pushed herself up, hissing in pain when her bruised palm came in contact with the rough mattress where she rested on.

'Strange' She thought to herself as she scanned the room, a confused expression crawling up her face.

She was no longer outside, on the dry earth in between an alleyway where she previously layed. Instead, she was in a room sitting on a small wooden bed. The room was bigger compared to Youra's.

The walls made of wood, polished but not painted, it was left as its light brownish color. Off to the left side was a dark wooden desk graced with carvings, with what seemed to be old scrolls laying on top of it and a bag with containers filled with water. It seemed out of place but it unknowingly felt just right.

To the right was where a few dusty boxes layed, looking full as other obscured items peeked through the small cracks with the lid slightly opened up. It was odd, seeing as the room was pretty empty, but what made her question who was in charge of designing and building the house was the door. The door had stood not too far, aligned to where she was sitting. Though she shook the thought away and shuffled off the bed and hastily walked to the door.

Admittedly, she was scared, having no idea why and how she got there. Once she got to where the door was she pushed it, thinking it was locked. Though what she didn't expect was the door pulled open, fall forward as she landed on a body that struggled to keep both of them standing.

She pushed herself off and stumbled back, looking at the figure warily. There stood a boy with a dumbfounded look, standing stiffly as he carried a basin filled with water that had splashed out of the rim onto the floor. Strands of his ash brown hair hovering over his doe eyes and his tanned figure gazed back at her. "You're awake."

"Obviously," she rolled her eyes, even when nervous her snarky personality kicks in. His eyes slightly widened in amusement, "Quite the personality you have there, shorty."

"Where am I?" Dohui ignored his remark, and he too ignored her question and walked through the corridor. Immediately, she got into a fighting stance which made the boy pause, doing his best to stifle a laugh at what the girl just did.

"Just tell me! I could be back in the Shadow empire for all I know!" She exclaimed in annoyance and ruffled her dark hair. "Are you saying that based off what I'm wearing?" He gave an offended look and gestured at his all black outfit.

Dohui grew silent and slowly shook her head, her figure relaxing as she stood back up again and looked down at the floor, her face flushed in embarrassment. The boy in front of her sighed, "Sit back down there."

She quietly obeyed and proceeded to walk back on the wrinkled bed and sat down, feeling herself sink into the mattress. The boy walked up to her, not disturbing the silence as to not startle the girl. She finally looked up at him the moment he kneeled down and placed the basin of water before her feet. He gently held her ankles to raise both her feet up, but it caught Dohui off guard and pulled her legs up and hugged them.

"Hey!" Her voice orotund, it came out more defensive and louder than how she meant it to be. It startled the tanned boy and she hesitantly gave him an apologized look after realizing what he was meant to do.

"Are you gonna report me to them? The knights I mean.." She quietly asked but got no response, the other squeezing the wet cloth that was previously dipped in water. "You better not report me!" She exclaimed, the boy paused and looked up at her while proceeding to give Dohui the folded wet towel. He carried her feet up and placed them on the basin, letting the warm water soak the skin hugged by bruises.

Her eyebrows were furrowed as she held onto the cloth. "I swear, if you report to them that I'm a bender, I will--" she paused once the boy hovered both of his hands on the water, then it started to shimmer and glow. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"Why would I report you when I'm one too?" He looked up at her flabbergasted expression.

He proceeded to heal the bruises on her feet and lower legs, moving on to her arms right after. During the whole process both of them were silent and didn't bother saying anything.

Dohui only then noticed the open window not too far from the side of the bed, the view being of the busy village. This made Dohui internally face palm and physically cringe. She was too distracted moments ago to see the open window as the cold night breeze flew through it.

She heard a snicker from the boy that now sat beside her on the bed while his hands held onto hers, with shimmering water enveloping it. She snapped her head back at him with mild irritation etching onto her features.

"I'm guessing everybody in the village knows?" Dohui gazed back at the village through the window, she sighed. She waited for a response and turned her head to the boy. He glanced at her and shrugged. His hand gestured as water flowed back into the basin, indicating the healing process was done. Dohui pulled back her now fully healed arm and scanned it in amusement.

"Stay for the night, you can return tomorrow." The boy stated while cleaning up. "I can't, I barely know you." She looked up at him with hesitation hinted on her face.

"Lee Haechan."

He simply said then stood up while holding onto the basin, looking over his shoulder to look at the girl. "You can't go out there now anyway. Too many people who know of what you are capable of."

Dohui thought to herself for a moment. Haechan was correct once again, there's too many people who know of her. She could try running past all of them, but she didn't want to be reported to the knights and possibly get sent to the dungeon this time. Either that or heavy labor. She didn't like either of those, nor was willing to take the risk. Her thoughts were pushed away when Haechan started to walk towards the corridor.

"Lee Dohui!" He stopped in his tracks when he heard her speak loudly, he looked back at her. Her figure was lit by the light coming from outside as she sat cross-legged on the bed.

"My name is Lee Dohui." She gave him a small smile, in which the other wanted to return, but he only nodded and walked away.

_________________________

Yay :DD