c h . 3

_____________

_____________

War, superiority and inferiority.

Things that they all feared, what they didn't want, was bought upon them. Every single one of them. 

For years the nations have suffered from these greatly. The Lights have had it the worst among all of them. Forced to be succumbed under the Shadows' rule, they were looked down upon, and labelled as the inferiors. Under the rule of an empress, that blinded her own people from the truth, forever hiding everything in the shadows where her sharp glare and tainted smile shone the most, where her secrets were the darkest.

Dohui could only bitterly chuckle at the thought. It was unbelievably painful seeing her kind, shadowed by the cruel and corrupt. Thrown into slavery and forced to do harsh and unwanted labor. Weeping and mourning everyday at the sight of another one, missing or dead. And it said to be that she is one of the either, at least that's what had been announced back from where she had come from.

She quietly stood in an alley, her back leaning on the wall behind her, awaiting for the boy she had met four days ago to arrive. Haechan was an odd one, she thought. He was quiet, but at the same time he had so much to say, majority being snarky comments about her height and her behavior.

Haechan sat quietly in the living room, eyes travelling to whatever caught his attention as he sipped on his tea. A thud of nowhere caused him to jump in his seat surprise, his hot tea now dripping from the side of the cup. The door had suddenly burst open and Dohui stood there, her hair disheveled and a tired expression. "I left my scarf here."

"Good afternoon to you too, dwarf." He quirked his brows up and exasperatedly sighed as he placed his tea down on the small desk in front of him. The girl rolled her eyes him and tiredly walked past him to the staircase.

She had forgotten her red scarf when she had left in the morning. Having to sneak back, trying not to get noticed by any of the other villagers that were busy roaming the streets. It took her a while till she got lost trying to find her way to the boy's house.

It was far from the Yoon's and definetly nowhere near the market either. Hidden somewhere at the very back of the village was a house not too big. It looked old and abandoned outside but the interior was clean and looked pretty new, that's also where you could find Haechan sitting on a rocking chair, leg over the other with his head leaned back on the head rest as he pretended to pet an animal on his lap.

"It's in the guest's room where you slept at, in the closet." Haechan informed and Dohui proceeded to climb upstairs and into the guest's room. After a few minutes of searching the closet the girl huffed and jumped on the bed, scanning the room and from the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of a bright red material, it was her scarf, resting on top of the wooden closet.

And there was Haechan, leaning on the corridor with a play smile on his face, "Good luck, short stack." He chuckled and walked off. At that point Dohui was irritated, letting it take over her, her voice boomed through the house when she yelled,