The bathroom

ZUES POV
I asked to be excused to go to the bathroom I look at my reflection in the mirror all I can see is my father
"You're features are just like your father's" I can hear my mothers voice in my head
I splash water on my face
My phone started to ring, it was my mother.
"Darling it's me, I packed some of your cloth-"
"What the hell did he do" I said furious I could hear thunder through the phone from him
"It's ok I'll be fin-
"No, I'll help you"
"But, this time I know you can't and its alright your fathers just upset again"
"He's not getting off the hook this time"
I've seen way too many bruises on her to accept this, I would kill him this time and I was serious.
I sat on the bathroom floor for a while just thinking. I heard Hera laughing all of a sudden and for some reason it took my father off my mind, it made my chest fill with a kind of madness she was there having fun while I was here thinking of ways to remove my fathers head from his body. But I also had the urge to go into her room and see her, see her smiling in front of my eyes, a smile I wish that only I could cause...
I saw a message on my phone I didn't even have to read it to know it was from my father, in fact I didn't read it. I walked into the room and told them I had to go and found Hera laughing about something instead of noticing how upset I looked, why can't she notice me the way I seem to notice her?
I was almost out the door when Hera's mother called me
"Zues dear, would you like some cookies?"
"No, thank you"
"Here I'll pack some for your mother"
"Mom"
"Yes, here, how are your parents?"
I didn't know what to say
"I have to go, I'll bring my mother here one day so the two of you can talk"
"Oh, I would like that very much"
Her mother said as I left
I wish my mother's life was just as easy and pain free as Hera's mother.
When I got home I found an ambulance truck parked in my drive way I sprinted inside and saw my mother on the floor with an unpleasant look on her face she looked as if she was in a nightmare and father was turned around the ambulance picked her up and took her to the hospital room of our manor. I saw them taking off her jacket, the bruises were exposed some old and some fresh, I saw a nurse removing a piece of glass and saw my mother wince in pain.
She looked so weak
I had enough, I was walking to my father and once he faced me, he slapped me.
"You! This is your fault, had you not gone to Olympus high and instead took over my business I.... I wouldn't have"
"You wouldn't have what? Torture my mother? Take the only person I love and throw her around like she's nothing?"
"Leave this manor at once! You are the reason your real mother died-"
"SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP"
A lightning bolt slashed through the room right in between me and my father, the second one striking him, he laid there groaning in pain not being able to move as some people of the ambulance ran to my father. I walked past them to my mother the nurse was sitting beside her and left once she saw me. Now that me and mother had our privacy, I told her to tell me what happened
"What about the nurses and doctors?"
"I think a couple grand each will keep them quiet" I replied
"He pushed me" she said quietly
"When,why?"
I could feel my voice being raised and I could tell it was scaring her
"Zues, your father is a good man, he's very misunderstood"
"Mother when did you become this weak, he hurts you and you defend him"
"It's not like that"
"We will leave this house tomorrow, I know someone we could stay with her a while and move on... without him"
She paused for a moment then smiled
"Ok, we'll leave together, like you've always wanted, just wait one more day ok?"
"Ok"
That night I held my moms hand as tight as I could, it would all be over tomorrow. She finally fell asleep after an hour of trembling and sobbing and I went out side and watched the stars.

I woke up in my back yard and realized that it was time to leave. I ran to my room and noticed that my father's room's door was open and he was taking a shower. I packed up and went to my mothers room. There she laid but not on her bed, my mothers wide eyes were staring back at me with no life in them. In her hand I saw a tablet and found a bowl of pills which seemed to be empty rolling to me. In her mouth I saw a pill covered in red, her body sprawled across the floor. I slowly looked up while shaking and found her marble nightstand's corner dripping in blood. Suddenly I felt as if I had lost everything. For once the most popular, confident, handsome boy at school knelt down in his knees and sobbed. I don't know how much time passed by, but enough to see them carry my mother away...enough to see my father smirk as the police talked to him. As for me, I helplessly stayed in the position as the world blurred with every tear. I sobbed until tears no longer fell. I knew my mother would never come back, never praise my chiseled face, never cool me down after a long fight with dad. She was gone and so was a part of me. Suddenly every thing I thought I saw was floating around my body, it started orbiting around me, faster and faster, or was it me, was I moving? I felt the ground going higher and higher or was I falling? I hit my head and joined my mom on the floor.

I opened my eyes and saw my father standing over me, maybe it was a dream, then I saw my mother in the hospital bed next to me, and the only thing I saw was the nurse covering my mother with a white blanket, maybe it was not a dream. I got up and ignored my father as he tried to stop me, I checked myself out of the hospital and ran home getting my luggage ready, I picked up my mothers luggage and a picture of her and sprinted with tears in my eyes I knocked on her door it was 12:00am and Hera's mother opened the door.