Five

Freya

Freya

The next few days was rough. My sickness was in full swing and it was taking everything in me to keep a straight face. Breathing in deeply I tried to push it out of my head as I walked out of my room and saw Lucy repairing torn clothing and Edmund was still working on trying to clean his new sword.
Walking forward I heard Travos and Antoine laughing.
"He's talking to birds!" Travos laughed.
"He's mad as a loon, that one."  Coming forward I saw they were talking about Eustace.
"What pray tell is funny about his situation?" I called making them freeze. "Eustace has never been to this land. Everything is brand new to him, and so far he's witnessed talking rats, Minotaurs, fauns and magic! He's never seen any of that before, you can't blame him for thinking that the bird could talk. After all, back when my siblings and I ruled, all creatures could talk. Birds, mice, rats, rabbits and even horses. Things have changed since then I know, but that doesn't give you or anyone, a reason to be a bully." I crossed my arms glaring at them. "Now. Back to work."
Turning to my cousin I gave him a small smile before walking off to find my delectable husband.
"Ah! There you are love. How'd you sleep?" He smiled pulling me into me into his arms.
"Would've been better if I was sleeping next to you..." I pouted as he chuckled.
"I know love. But we can't very well let your sister sleep down in the men's quarters." Groaning loudly I just laid my head on his shoulder, breathing in his scent.
Sandalwood, ocean breeze, and slight sweat from all his hard work. I have never smelt something so male before, but all I can think about is how badly I miss him in our bed. But of course he was right.
Hearing a crash we spun around and saw Reepicheep chasing Eustace.
"Trying to run away!?" Reepicheep laughed. "We're on a boat you know."
"Look, can't we just discuss this?" Eustace begged as Reepicheep hopped in front of him, pointing his sword at my dimwitted cousin.
But Reepicheep sliced open his shirt and stuck his sword inside pulling out an orange before wacking him in the face with it.
"That was for stealing, that was for lying and that was for good measure."
Getting angry at being humiliated Eustace swung his small sword at Reepicheep causing the crew to cheer.
"Ah yes we have ourselves a duel!" Reepicheep cheered tossing the orange at Drinian. "Now come on. Take your best shot."
Swinging a couple times, Eustace kept missing.
"Stop flapping your wings like a drunken pelican. Poise! Now keep your blade up!" Reepicheep instructed. "That's it. Better."
As the small duel went on Reepicheep kept instructing Eustace on how to fight better. Hmmm...maybe he does have the makings of a Narnian, I thought to myself.
Reepicheep tricked Eustace into thinking he got knocked of the boat but really he used his tail to grasp onto the ropes and pull himself up behind my cousin.
Laughing at the scene of Eustace being startled, Reepicheep kicked Eustace's backside and knocked him into a weaved barrel, making it...squeal.
Stepping forward with Lucy at my side I watched as the small girl, Gael, from the Lone Islands crawled out of her hiding spot.
"Look." I called.
"Gael? What are you doing here?" Her father, Rhince, called coming forward. Pulling her into his arms he nervously looked between myself, my husband and Drinian.
Drinian walked forward slowly, before looking down at the small child.
"Looks like we have an extra crew member." He smiled tossing her the orange. Smiling Lucy and I stepped forward.
"Welcome aboard!" Lu smiled.
"Your Majesties..." She curtsied and blushed.
"Call me Lucy."
"And call me Freya. We try not to have tittles in this ship. Now, come along." I smiled holding out my hand. Gently placing her small one in mine, Lucy and I lead her to our shared quarters.
Hours later we came across an island, hopefully we can find some supplies.
Climbing out of the long boat, we started setting up camp, seeing as we were spending the night on shore.
"Here let me." Caspian smiled helping me lay out my palette, before fixing his next to mine. Giggling as I laid down, Caspian pulled me into his arms, snuggling me as we went to sleep.

"Lavenders blue Dilly Dilly, lavenders green, when I am king Dilly Dilly you shall be queen..."
Singing? Whose singing. Standing up I noticed I wasn't sleeping on the beach anymore. I was in my castle.
What am I doing here?
Walking forward, I decided to follow the voice.  After what seemed like forever I was standing outside an open doorway.
"There we are. Yes my sweet prince, mummy's here." Stepping inside I noticed that the room, it was a nursery. Looking around I saw...ME!? Sitting in a folder, rocking a baby.
"Mummy's here. And I promise nothing is going to take you away from me."
"I wouldn't be so sure." A voice sneered behind me as the room lost color and darkened as the baby vanished. I watched as the other me slumped forward, docile and grey.
Spinning around I saw Miraz and Jadis.
"No it's not possible!"
"Did you think it would be that easy!" Jadis laughed cruelly, as a bundle appeared in her arms. My baby!
"No!" I went to rush her but suddenly I found a sword in my stomach. Miraz.
He smirked as he jerked it back out.
"You're q pathetic excuse of a Queen. Caspian will realize that soon enough. He'll realize that Susan was the much better sister and he'll hate you. Just as your siblings do." He laughed.
I clutched my wound in pain as fear gripped my heart.
I'm dying!
No....

Gasping, I shot forward as Caspian shook me awake.
"Hey, wake up. Lucy's missing."
Shooting to my feet I stumbled and grasped the rock to my side before vomiting on the ground.
"Are you alright?" Ed asked as he gathered up my sword and now and arrows.
"I'm fine."
"You are not fine! Freya-" Caspian started but I cut him off.
"I'm fine. Now, come on. We have to find Lucy." I nearly snapped grabbing my things from Edmund.
Trekking onward, I tried my best to ignore my husband's burning gaze. He won't keep accepting my excuses or brush offs anymore.
He knows somethings wrong, I just hope he doesn't hate me...