Ten

Freya's P

Freya's P.O.V

It's been an awful week. The morning sickness is getting worse and I'm not strong to fight of the Mist.
My mirror self said I needed to trust the people I love and who love me, she said it was the only way to defeat it, but ever since that day Caspian has been withdrawn, especially with me. Everyone is walking on eggshells around me but Caspian, it seems, is just ignoring me all together.
Lucy holds me at night, cradling me as I cry.
Sometimes I wish that we never came to Narnia. But then I have to remind myself of all the Narnians we saved and how we led them into an era of peace.
It was worth it...right?
I'm not sure anymore. The only one who hasn't treated me any different is Reepicheep, my brave knight has stuck by religiously these past few days, and when not with myself then with Eustace.
The dragon boy, he's been a big help when it comes to getting us moving when the winds are down. Eustace has come a long way from the boy who refused to believe.
Guess you have to when you get turned into a dragon.
Currently we were following the Blue Star to the island Ramandu, we could only pray that we get there soon. Eustace was once again pulling us along the waters when I felt something akeen to a sledgehammer beat the inside of my scull.

"Remember Freya, you have to remember."
"Aslan!? Remember? Remember what!? I don't understand!"
"Remember back to the Stone Table. You have to remember. It is the only way."

Gasping so hard I empty my breakfast out and over the railing.
"Freya, are you okay?" My twin asked coming to my side. Glancing at him from my peripheral line of sight, I noticed Caspian standing next to him, not even looking at me.
"Aslan came to me." I finally answered causing everyone to go quite. "But it was different. Painful. Something is trying to keep him out of my head, to stop him from communicating with me. But he said I needed to remember."
"Remember what?" Caspian questioned finally looking at me. Instead of answering him, I scoffed and walked back to my cabin. I knew he was following me, I could feel his annoyance radiating off of him.
Once inside he slammed the door shut as I riffled through my trunk.
"Okay what is going on with you!? I get that pregnant women get hormonal but this is ridiculous." He snapped.
"You've barely uttered two words to me since I was attacked by the Mist, barely even looked at me and all you can say is that I'm the hormonal one!" I sneered slamming the lid shut as I started setting up my ingredients.
"What do you want me to stay Freya!? I've been trying to stay out of your way like you asked me too."
"Caspian, I never asked you to stay away from me. All I have wanted since you found out about this baby is to hold me and tell me that everything was alright because you still loved me. To kiss me like you used to, and too sleep next to me at night so when I wake from my nightmares I can see you and know that I'm going to be okay, because you're there protecting me!"
"But, no, you came to the helm of the ship days ago, twisting our wedding ring on your finger and gave me some sappy story about how you couldn't be around me because you didn't trust me. Because of my reaction to the news of you being with child." Caspian exclaimed throwing his hands in the air.
"Caspian...this is the first day I've been able to even leave bed much less my cabin. Ever since the attack I haven't been able to go above deck without having the need to throw up." I explained stepping towards him.
"N-no but y...you..."
"It was the Mist." I clarified. "It's trying to come between us."
"Why?"
"Because, our destiny, our childrens' destiny, is special. Unique. We were brought together by something even stronger than love." I smiled gently taking his hand. Feeling my love for him hum through my body. "Fate. For longer than even Aslan has been alive, our meeting, our love, has been written in the stars. We have been destined to be together for centuries."
We sat there in silence for awhile, just holding each other. Feeling our hearts reconnecting, after weeks of separation and heartache.
Just relishing in one another.
"I do love you. And our baby. I was just...when I realized that you knew for weeks and didn't tell me, I was scared that you didn't want it. Want this. At least not yet." Caspian whispered placing his forehead against mine.
"You're an idiot." I giggled wrapping my arms around his neck placing little kisses along his neck. I heard him quietly groan as he pulled back to capture my lips in a searing kiss.
"How could you ever think that I wouldn't want this? It's all I have ever wanted."
Leaning his forehead against Caspian smiled. The first real smile I've seen since the beginning of our voyage.
"There. There's that smile I fell in love with. I've missed it." I whisper brushing my lips against his.
"I've missed you. More than you know." He mumbled before gently picking me up and carrying me over to the bed.
"And I have definitely missed this!" I giggled as I pulled his shirt off his muscled chest.

Skip the love making

Groaning I turned over in my husband's arms, feeling his fingers run down my bare back.
"Good morning love." He smirked propping himself up on his arm.
"Hi." I whispered tiredly. "Tell me that I don't have to move." I groaned burying my head in his chest.
"Sorry but we have kept the crew waiting long enough." He smirked raising my face to his, his lips ghosting over mine. "Perhaps to long but it was more than worth it." Chuckled kissing me deeply.
Rolling on top of him, I couldn't help the moan that slipped past my lips.
"I love you..." I moaned into him as he pulled me closer.
"Seriously guys!?!? Get up!" Ed's voice filled the cabin as he banged on the door. I couldn't control my laughter as Caspian flopped backwards groaning in irritation.
"Alright!" I called out. "Give us a few minutes!"
"Just hurry up will ya!"

*After getting dressed

"Hey, you're the one who said that we kept them waiting long enough." I smirked as Caspian wrapped his arms around my waist and groaned into my neck.
"I know." He pouted. "I just don't want to have to face their teasing. They can be brutal."
"Oh poor baby!" I giggled turning and kissing him.
"So mean." He smirked taking me by the hand and leading me onto the deck.
And for the first time in weeks, I was not plagued by morning sickness.
Finally.