Not your normal popular kid

Eren took me home after we finished our conversation and did homework together just as an excuse to spend time with one another.

Mom was waiting for me, when I got home "Hey, honey, how was your day", she kissed my head and sat across from me. I could see the bags under her eyes and that smile that was tired but motherly. "It was good, I made a new friend, his name is Eren and Historia is still by my side too, things are going well", her eyes lit up and she seemed relieved since she was worried about my making friends. " I'm so glad honey, oh I have to work a double shift tomorrow, so I'll give you some money to eat out, maybe invite that Eren boy with you, okay?", she sighed slightly but didn't let it show that she was already stressed for the next day, she hated making me worry just as much I hated making her worry. That's why I work so she could at least take some days off, it's worked but she still has so much to do, working as a nurse tires her out. "Well you should shower and get some rest, mother, don't forget to drink your tea", she nodded and told me goodnight.

As I laid in bed, I thought about him again. Erens not your normal popular kid, huh.

"Good morninggg, Armin", a bright, blinding light was standing across from me and it was Historia smiling that goddess smile of hers and I swear I saw a halo. "Hey, Historia, how are you", we sat down in the biology room and took out our notes. "Good, but its almost Christmas already and Ymir is graduating next year, why is time going by so fast?", she pouted and folded her arms on top of the table laying her head on top. "It'll be fine, just think of it as a new chapter beginning for even more great memories ", since when have I become so positive?

She giggled, nodding. "By the way, hows Eren?", her face had a smug look and I felt my face flush, she seemed amused giggling even more "I'm not sure but hes really nice and different. I'm hoping hes not pulling a fast one on me", she sat up interested and we continued talking even though the teacher showed up. "Hes a good guy, you can trust him", yeah, I hope so.

At lunch Eren came to my table and asked me to follow him, he wasn't smiling, more like he was sad. "Where are we going?", he walked into the changing rooms for gym class. He didn't say anything, he just laid his head on my shoulder. "Eren?", I stepped back and made him look at me "Talk to me..", he stayed mute and his eyes glazed over, I took him back into my arms and hugged him tightly, I'm not sure, but I think he was crying and I confirmed it when my shirt felt wet. After he finally calmed down, we sat down and I held his hand, waiting for him to talk. "I hate him", he let my hand go and apologized. Then he just left after saying something like that..without another word, my heart felt heavy and I felt useless.

The most confusing thing is I saw him afterwards acting like the usual, happy, goofy Eren with his friends like nothing had happened.