In the kitchen

I woke up but confused and in my bed, alone? Did Eren leave earlier or?

I could hear faint laughter, so I got up and in the kitchen I saw mom and Eren sitting and talking. It made me happy seeing her laugh so genuinely, I havent seen her act like that in so long. "You guys having fun?", both turned to my direction smiling. Mom got up and kissed me on the head "Hey sleepy head, you didn't tell me that your new friend was this delightful", she grabbed her coat and put her scarf on, so I assumed she had to go work the night shift "Be good, okay. I'll be back tomorrow morning", she smiled and left, closing the door quietly behind her. "I should get home too or my uncle will get mad, even though he probably already is", he got up and had that sad smile again and I grabbed onto his arm because I didn't want him to leave and go back. All he did was gently pull his arm back and my heart kind of clenched."Dont worry Armin, hes not a bad guy, hes just really sad. He misses mom too..", seeing him try to gloss over the details like that pissed me off, but I had no power or say, that's what the look on his face told me. He didn't say goodbye or goodnight, just like that he left me standing there.

The next day sucked, it was cold and lonely. Even though I was use to this, it still hurt more than I expected. All I wanted was to see him again, well I'll see him tomorrow at school.

It was already lunch break and I hadn't seen him yet. Then the school day was over and no sign of him. So I called and it rang but he didn't answer. I chewed nervously on my lip trying not to worry, its just one day, hes fine. Wrong. A week passed and he still hadn't shown up, constantly I searched for him without luck. "If you're that  worried, go visit him", Historia said while patting me on the shoulder. Should I? What if his uncle got mad or I get him in trouble? But I want to see him. "Yeah, I'll do that, thanks Historia.", she giggled and continued to tell me about anything she could think of. As soon as the last bell rang, I headed straight for Eren's, after a few deep breaths,I managed to gather my nerves to knock. He opened the door, the uncle, of course, but this time he didn't look friendly at all "What do you want", he didn't seem like he was going to let me in. I glared at him without thinking, which seemed to irritate him even more"Wheres Eren", he shrugged and continued to look down on me "You're full of shit, let me see Eren right now", I was so scared, but nothing would have made me run away in that moment because I needed to see him. "Listen here you little shit, I don't like your tone, maybe I should fix it". "Try it", I stood my ground and before he could go any further, Eren came through the door and took my hand. We ran and ran, I thought we'd never stop until we finally did. He turned to face me and smiled weakly. "Why weren't you at school, I was so worried", I saw faint marks on his face "Did he do something?", Eren sighed and let himself fall into my arms "I'm sorry, I got suspended for getting into a fight and my uncle took my phone for getting home so late. I had nothing to contact you with", my heart was beating because he was with me again. "Why did you get into that fight", he stepped back and averted his eyes "They were talking about you. Talking down to me and making things up about you.", he looked distraught but then he took my hand and placed it on his chest. "Do you feel that", he asked with those piercing emerald eyes. I could feel his heart beating faster than normal. "I do", answering his question and returning his longing gaze.

My eyes started to tear up and he rubbed his thumb over my lip, making me look at him.